When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The gauntlet is tossed!

Nanuq

He said there is "a reasonable" reserve on this auction, I wonder what it could be?? Like 2 grand <_< Common, this thing is a peice of landfill already. If he is so sure it can be restored, then why doesn't he go for it?? Its amazing the trash some folks are selling on Ebay nowadays, and just because it "says" its a Rolex. :brow:

I feel a challenge coming on........

Uh oh clear the decks :o

Actually the watch looks like it has been lying face down in caustic soda, my guess is he found it at the tip and if that is the case the it was probably a write off before it even got in to the state it is.

Dial may need refinishing................ :lol:

Ken

This is too funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry but these pics need to be saved for posterity, I have a feeling we may be needing them to cheer up a rainy day at some point....

fbd43po1.jpg

00543nu0.jpg

Up for bid is a older (age unknown) Rolex mid-size wristwatch serial number 224354. This watch needs full restoration, and dial may need refinishing, hands are not recoverable as they are melted into the crystal. This watch was in or around a light fire. I was not able to open the back because the crystal glued itself to the back. Internal condition currently unknown. Before the fire, this watch was in excellent running condition. I pried up some of the plastic crystal and didn't attempt to do anymore as I thought any work done to this watch would best be done by a competent watch repairer. This auction is for the watch only, no band included. A reasonable reserve has been set on this auction as I believe this watch can be restored, if the reserve is not met I will have this watch restored for myself.

Please ask any questions before placing a bid. Item is being sold as-is with no returns or refunds.

Payment details: Paypal is preferred. Winning bidder paying with Paypal must have a confirmed address (ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS) I will also accept US Postal Money Order only. No other kind of money order, cashier's check will be accepted. No personal checks. Please make sure you have a confirmed address with Paypal before attempting to make payment. If you do not have a confirmed address I will not send the item to you and it will be relisted. Item must be paid for within 7 days of auctions end. If you have less than 10 feedback score you must contact me first before bidding. Thank you for looking

:rofl:

I showed these pics to a fireman friend.. given the damage to the front of the watch and the lack of damage on the back he came up with an interesting guess..

It was probably on someone's wrist when the damage took place!!

I showed these pics to a fireman friend.. given the damage to the front of the watch and the lack of damage on the back he came up with an interesting guess..

It was probably on someone's wrist when the damage took place!!

Then it's not molten acrylic crystal keeping the caseback on: it's molten flesh. Lovely.

Y'know the scene in Pulp Fiction, where Captain Coons explains where he, and Butch's dad 'wore' the gold watch all those years in Hanoi?

I'm guessing that's how the watch looked before it was cleaned up... ;)