When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The stork finally arrived!

stilty

So after being 4 days overdue, we were blessed with the birth of our son! He was born at 4:27am on May 21 at home. We were told that usually the second baby arrives more quickly than the first, but we didn't think that quick. My wife was awaken around 3:45am with some labour pains. She decided to have a shower, and after about 10 minutes, told me I should get up. After a few more minutes, she said I should time the contractions. Check the time (anyone want to guess what I was wearing?), they are about minute apart. I frantically try to find my phone to page the midwives. By the time she calls back, our son was well on his way and it's only the two of us with the midwife on the phone. A very exciting morning that was quite a blur. I'm happy to report both mom and baby and healthy.

Wow a very big congratulations to you and of course your wife and baby son.

I must admit it would have scared the life out of me to be alone with the wife whilst our baby was being born.

Ken

Guest porsche356a
By the time she calls back, our son was well on his way and it's only the two of us with the midwife on the phone. A very exciting morning that was quite a blur. I'm happy to report both mom and baby and healthy.

Congratulations! Sounds like you handled the high stress situation like a champ! Glad to hear everyone is fine. :D

Thanks everyone!

Yes, it was only my wife and I that delivered! It happened so fast there was no time to think about anything except to not let the baby fall in the toilet. All I had time to do was wrap up the baby and my wife in some towels and help her to bed to wait for the paramedics to arrive. It was was very surreal.

Well you deserve an extra congratulations for that, when our daughter was born (at the hospital) the midwife asked me if I wanted to deliver her and I'm not proud to admit I balked.

Ken