When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you expect me to talk?

JoJo35

You are looking at an industrial laser which emits an extraordinary light, not to be found in nature. It can project a spot on the moon - or, at closer range, cut through solid metal. I will show you

Goldfinger.jpg

"Do you expect me to talk?"

"NO MR. BOND, I EXPECT YOU TO DIE!!!!".....Auric

Wow that is some timepiece! ^_^

I have always had a soft spot for this watch, the Bond link makes it irresistible B)

I must say one thing though, this thread shows the colour of the original nato strap clearly: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...bond+green+nato

Props to UncleJay to spotting that colouration :D

Great watch, I am envious too! :p

JoJo -- The best 5510 franken I have seen to date. (Or is it a 5508?) Absolutely awesome piece. My hat goes off to you (with the usual tilt to The Master). :1a:

Freddy, thanks to you and everyone else for your compliments about the watch :D It's actually a 6538 big crown, although a 5508 brevet is in the works ;)

Here's some interesting info I found:

All shoulderless Rolex Submariners should have black gloss dials and are known as the James Bond due to the sporting of one by Mr. Connery in Goldfinger. It looks like he is wearing the military issue A/6538: Nato strap, fixed bars , large 8mm crown but no minute markers first five minutes on the bezel insert. For me the only true James Bond Rolex Submariner is the new ref. 6538 model.

I'm not very familiar with the small details of the Bond Sub, but your franken looks very impressive.

What more do you have in your collection? Please share!

:o

:(

:huh:

...there seems to be more subs out there than I can count ...it's endless

:unsure:

JoJo, I have no idea on how you you were able to finish this project and how long it took you to put it toghether but it's a beauty.

Great success.

Congrats, it looks very nice.

Cheers

Stephane

:o

:(

:huh:

...there seems to be more subs out there than I can count ...it's endless

:unsure:

JoJo, I have no idea on how you you were able to finish this project and how long it took you to put it toghether but it's a beauty.

Great success.

Congrats, it looks very nice.

Cheers

Stephane

No doubt, absolutely awesome, JoJo!

Can you share with the community the story of how this was put together? I for one would love a tutorial of sorts... :)