When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 5508 Finally Makes It Home

UncleJay

Here she is. I'm in love with this baby. This and the PP 5110 are the only small watches I can now wear. What do you all think?

SPECS:

Movement: Gen Rolex cal 1530

Case: 5508 replacement from NDT

Crown: Gen Rolex 6mm

Dial: NDT 2 line 5508 G/G

Insert: NDT 6538 (Bond)

Handset: NDT vintage Rolex

Get your own James, this one's mine!

1-3.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-1.jpg

6.jpg

U

What was the base for this Beauty and do you use any Gen parts

Thanks

Thanks CMan. Here are the specs. I'd been dying for a Bond, true class is you ask me. I gave my son my gen 5512 (family owned since new) and I missed having a dateless Sub, so I figured it was time.

Movement: Gen Rolex cal 1530

Case: 5508 replacement from NDT

Crown: Gen Rolex 6mm

Dial: NDT 2 line 5508 G/G

Insert: NDT 6538 (Bond)

Handset: NDT vintage Rolex

I think I would replace the pearl in the insert (I do not think that model has a metalized pearl), but a beaut otherwise. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Please explain about the pearl. Do you mean it would not have the steel bezel? What would it be and where can I find one? Thanks Freddy.

Please explain about the pearl. Do you mean it would not have the steel bezel? What would it be and where can I find one? Thanks Freddy.

I went to NDTrading's site and the bezel insert they're showing on the 5508 now has a small metal ring around the pearl. The one that I got from them 3-4 months ago was just an acrylic pearl- no metal surround.

post-175-1212629942_thumb.jpg

This is also a NDT 5508 with a 1520 movement, 6mm Rolex crown, and gilt hands not quite yet 'aged' to match the dial lume- it's still a work in progress. Also, I still need to age the pearl which will just be a little staining to darken it- easier than messing with the hands which entails pulling the movement and taking off the hands.

Great looking James Bond. For what its worth I thought the pearl was a little new looking and was about the only thing that needed a little attention. Beautiful watch all the same and the design of that watch in particular is really beginning to age well. I predict that in a few years it will have the look and feel of what a bubble back has at the moment (if that makes sense) Wear well and enjoy.

Hey Jay-

Did you save me one from last night's efforts. :lol: Hope everything was in good shape. And yeah, the watch is looking really good. With those parts and The Zigmeister there is not a lot of downside. ;)

Here ya go, a ship full to choose from. Here she comes. Don't like that one? How about an M5 or M6?

post-8676-1212685584_thumb.jpg

post-8676-1212685633_thumb.jpg

post-8676-1212685945_thumb.jpg

post-8676-1212685973_thumb.jpg

post-8676-1212686001_thumb.jpg

The watch would be more correct from a collector standpoint with the radium acrylic pearl, but even the vast majority of Gens have had them replaced by factory.

What's this? Do tell? :Jumpy: Let's see some photos of these elusive beasties!