When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thoughts about white dial watches

By-Tor

Wow BROM... you really have collected the best of the best "whiteys". That TAG Link is stunning. I actually like the brushed bezel version more anyway...

Great thread BT. I've been pondering re white dials for a while now.

I used to think I hated them. I was a committed black and blue (and one orange) man. But I do like the white on my Steelfish rep. I also keep finding myself admiring some white dial watches on others wrists. Something very classy and understated about them.

But if I ever get to make my first expensive gen purchase would I go white dial. I don't know...that would take a big mental adjustment. Maybe for the right watch.

I am with Stefane, more a fan of dark dials (I thaught) but it seemed that in the past I had some white ones

_98O3001.jpg

UN.jpg

BREITLING.jpg

deltick-ebel1911web.jpg

BM-RIVIERA-0458.jpg

BM-RIVIERA-0462.jpg

_98O8337w.jpg

_98O1772.jpg

pam113frontweb.jpg

pam188frontweb.jpg

pam188web.jpg

Most of them sold, except for the Discovery, 113 and the 188.......Been a fool to sell the B&M so I'm gonna get that one back

• 3 months later...

I have to admit that i only have 2 white at the moment )is a Ebel 1911, which happens to be my first gen , and the Tissot that my father got when served 40 years with Philips.

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

The Tissot is with a friend at the moment who will give it complete service and replace the crystal with a new one.

I once had a Exp II with a white dial and black markers. Bought it from Narikaa for less then 80 euro's.

I liked that watch but i decided to sell it because the end links didn't fit in the case properly.

If i can find a Exp II with black markers and good looking crown i will go for it.

Carpe Diem

Cats

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

never had a white dial watch, but i do like them for the understated property you mentioned.

currently the only one on the radar for me is the Omega GMT 300m

omegsgreatmesh002.jpg

maybe a white dialed, white gold daytona with numerals, but i don't think i could drop that much change on a watch at this point

I love the look of white faces but for some reason I dont like the look of them on my wrist.

I recently bought a SA in white and at the same time bought a gen white baton dial to do a swap project but ended up selling them both.

IMG_0935.jpg

I keep playing with the idea of another white dial but havent found one I feel comfortable with although I do like the Pam dial.

Watch this space!!! :pardon:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

White is a luxury color. I most definitely prefer IWC in white. Patek Philippe, Rolex, and some others too. I like rolex gold daydate president with white dial as well. Tried to talk my coworker into getting it but he felt the white dial was boring and opted for one that was LITERALLY covered in diamonds but then swapped it out for an uglier purple dial with diamond markers. I have had my eye on a couple solid gold rolex with white dial, not that I would really buy it anyway.

I like my white turn o graph quite a lot. It was the first turn o graph I bought and the first gen I ever held at an AD. I will probably end up buying one some day because there's so many choices, that would narrow it down and make it a very simple purchase. Plus a used one costs less than half what the AD wanted so it is a pretty good bargain. Or I could save up more and plunk down 9 grand on a daydate with white dial. So glad I have visited AD.

Oh and breitling white dial? only on the larger ones bentley, etc not the smaller ones..doesn't do a thing for me. those should be black or blue usually. and those rolex above? those don't do anything for me no matter what color. explorer and daytona... not my cup of tea.

Edited by amptor