When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ask a member...

hackR

LANI! I think we've had 2 o 3 requests for you to show us a group shot of your babies in one place.. That picture would be priceless..( as well as all the watches in the picture)... Are you game or what?! :victory:

Just to answer your kind request Plai..

first I dont have a wide angle lens..

not bravado .. RobbieG called me requesting a group shot..

not ma thang :p

I have posted parts of my collection in 3 or 4 groups .. but gave up after 4

Maybe someday.. you'll have ta stay tuned ,.. maybe if I ever hit 20k post it will be apropos :lol:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Requests in for:

kruzer00, richard lawton, JoJo35, Avitt, Eunomians, TwoTone, Admin, thomasng, watcher, torresp, chieftang, toadtorrent, Nikki6, Bazz, sql_pl, pugwash, redwatch, pizzanooo, Cats, Valerian

Responses: :good:

dluddy - PAMs, dluddy - "the others", robertk, jmarin.72, freddy333, hackR, ubiquitous, Lanikai, MasterOfPuppets, By-Tor, The Zigmeister, fxrAndy, HikeUSA, nanuq, Tribal

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This list may very well be out of date/time...So please sift thru this thread to see if your top 5 has been Requested!...

2. ummmmm...all you "readers"... :clapping: it's OK to post a reply requesting a member to post THEIR favorites... :whistling:

3. If you see someone who hasn't responded to a request from a member in this post and you know him/her - pm 'em pointing out this post...

I'm with Ubi, you've seen my watches so many times... and besides, I'm lazy and I always post the same pics over and over. (I promise to take some new photos during my baby vacation).

Bond Seamaster (gen). This I had as a rep for over 4 years. Then I purchased a gen from a forum friend. It's one of the classics that I never get tired of. Always a great choice with a suit (it's not a dress watch but if an elegant English gentleman James Bond can wear it with a suit, why not me?) I also have the chrono version (as a rep and it's superb).

wallp.jpg

Pepsi GMT (gen). Best watch Rolex ever made, and definitely the best movement (3185) too. How can you argue against this watch, there's no way. Maybe the Sub is a bit more popular but Pepsi is synonymous with Rolex, and the movement is simply superior. My old man has the 1675, I have the 16710 and maybe my son will get the ceramic Pepsi version (when it comes out).

3.jpg

TAG Aquaracer Automatic Chronograph (gen). My favorite chronograph and the coolest blue dial ever produced. There's just something about this particular model that "speaks" to me. I liked the rep a lot but the smaller (42mm) date-only version is even nicer.

6.jpg

Breitling Superocean Steelfish X-Plus (rep). My favorite diver watch. Rolex and Omega divers can't touch this. Pure perfection design-wise. The rep is really, really nice.

1-1.jpg

My white Explorer II (franken). Wears small, has the typical thing that white dial watches have... i.e doesn't have the "striking" effect on anyone. Won't get noticed. But I notice it, that's the only thing that matters. One of the nicest white dial watches ever produced. And no other watch reminds people more of winter and snow.

15ojjns.jpg

That's my top 5.

Won't get noticed. But I notice it, that's the only thing that matters.

a great reminder, BT...sometimes, we get lost it all the flash and macromania...

@all -> updates to the leaderboard coming... :whistling:

Editorial comment: it's cool to get an insight into everyone's favorites...yes - many watches are seen in the various corners of this forum...but this thread gives a glimpse into favorites...and favorites have meaning; defining our character...

thanks to all - so far!... :drinks:

R-

Sorry I am late to the party...

Here are my favorites, all of them are custom built by my own hands.

First up is my "Stealth PAM 212"

1.jpg

6.jpg

bb.jpg

2.jpg

After a lot of discussion, I decided to paint the subdial and center seconds hand, so this was the end state...

212.jpg

Next is my custom Fiddy.

18.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

And finally, another Fiddy based custom, with a Ross dial, and a turn of the century movement...

IMG_04201.jpg

IMG_04191.jpg

IMG_04181.jpg

Lovely Zig, Those movements are gorgeous.

Love that stealth look on the Flyback. Did you do the 286 look yourself as well? The sub and chrono hand that is?

Well the top 5 has to include my Ingy as it made me buy the Gen (total safe queen for the next 30 years i hope)

dialcloseupboth.jpg

The Black bird gets a lot of wrist time and so far i have had two the second was swapped for a very nice BCE

DSCF0674.jpg

Now on leather with ocean racer deployant

The wifes SOSF has to come next, even thought it looks like she has been industrial diving with it for the past few years, such a solid watch

DSCN3261.jpg

And then it would have to be my own brand Schuhren

Particularly this one with my first modded movement

DSCF0375.jpg

DSC01492.jpg

A few others would come as favorates but i am looking to get rid of some to make some funds

Railmaster 39mm

Modded fiddy

Modded moonwatch

Requests in for:

kruzer00, richard lawton, JoJo35, Avitt, Eunomians, TwoTone, Admin, thomasng, watcher, torresp, chieftang, toadtorrent, Nikki6, Bazz, HikeUSA, sql_pl, pugwash, redwatch, nanuq, pizzanooo, Cats, Valerian, Tribal

Responses: :good:

dluddy - PAMs, dluddy - "the others", robertk, jmarin.72, freddy333, hackR, ubiquitous, Lanikai, MasterOfPuppets, By-Tor, The Zigmeister, fxrAndy

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This list may very well be out of date/time...So please sift thru this thread to see if your top 5 has been Requested!...

2. ummmmm...all you "readers"... :clapping: it's OK to post a reply requesting a member to post THEIR favorites... :whistling:

3. If you see someone who hasn't responded to a request from a member in this post and you know him/her - pm 'em pointing out this post...

Dang.....some excellent collection! Excellent idea R-! Love it! Just late koz too busy with work! Now the 5 Fav limit is unfair........ :nea::cry2: ...............

But......I'll try, here goes mine:

pam207a3.jpg

pam026.jpg

apnavywrst2.jpg

pam249wrst2.jpg

tonawrst1.jpg

and that is hard to do!!! :brow:

Ok Guys,

I think most of you have seen all my watches....

Some are sold now.....

So here are the ones I still have....

BK Hybrid Sub

dsc033475116033.jpg

my Gen Tudor Sub

imgp4308vz8.jpg

My MBW SD1665

dsc019186629352xo1.jpg

My SSD

imgp4250yj0.jpg

My Breiling Chronomat Evo

dsc033586628844ku.jpg

I have also my old MBW Sub with Lugholes and a other V2 BK Sub....

Just to answer your kind request Plai..

first I dont have a wide angle lens..

not bravado .. RobbieG called me requesting a group shot..

not ma thang :p

I have posted parts of my collection in 3 or 4 groups .. but gave up after 4

Maybe someday.. you'll have ta stay tuned ,.. maybe if I ever hit 20k post it will be apropos :lol:

Hey Lani, i missed the polished Bird in your top 10 ;-) Why? I like it alot!

Okay HackR, here goes. In no particular order, these are my top five. Sorry for the rehash of old pictures!

1665 DRSD Mark II

drsd_pearl_sm.jpg

6536 "Bond" Submariner

bond_sub_midnight_2.jpg

1675 "Mini dial" GMT

1675_sm.jpg

gmt_tjg.jpg

1680 Submariner

2_sm.jpg

4.jpg

And of course the Doxa SUB 300, in "Black Lung" and "Sharkhunter"

newbezel2_sm.jpg

sharkie_300.jpg

Whoops, that was six watches. Sorry! :pardon:

Hey Lani, i missed the polished Bird in your top 10 ;-) Why? I like it alot!

I do too.. but enough already.. :lol:

I think all the watches a great..

But Ziggy' tops the charts.. :wub: by no small surprise..

gotta get a 212 done like that and a Hamilton PW movement for ma Fiddy.. been working on sourcing a movement for awhile now..