When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A bit of Rolex, a touch of vintage, a lot of character ...

donerix

Pbdad made this one for me and I can't get it off my wrist.

I know it's pure fantasy, but I love it.

I want to make a rivet-style bracelet for it (I guess there aren't any existing ones wide enough so I will have to use the DSSD bracelet and try to make it out of that - any suggestions?)

What do you think:

ABYSS-D6.jpg

ABYSS-D2.jpg

ABYSS-D4.jpg

ABYSS-D5.jpg

ABYSS-D1.jpg

Pbdad made this one for me and I can't get it off my wrist.

I know it's pure fantasy, but I love it.

I want to make a rivet-style bracelet for it (I guess there aren't any existing ones wide enough so I will have to use the DSSD bracelet and try to make it out of that - any suggestions?)

This is my favorite among Pbdad's creations, and I never thought I'd be a fan of fantasy pieces until the Abyss showed up. I'm not sure how many guys here are into computer games, but it looks to me like something that might be found in the Fallout universe. (For the uninitiated, Fallout takes place in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. However, it's not our world, but an alternate Earth in which the fashions and values of the 1950s continued into the future... right up until the bombs fell.)

Perhaps you could gin up some fake rivet heads and glue/braze them to the sides of the DSSD bracelet? Sounds easier than rolling your own links!

This is my favorite among Pbdad's creations, and I never thought I'd be a fan of fantasy pieces until the Abyss showed up. I'm not sure how many guys here are into computer games, but it looks to me like something that might be found in the Fallout universe. (For the uninitiated, Fallout takes place in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. However, it's not our world, but an alternate Earth in which the fashions and values of the 1950s continued into the future... right up until the bombs fell.)

Perhaps you could gin up some fake rivet heads and glue/braze them to the sides of the DSSD bracelet? Sounds easier than rolling your own links!

Are u saying that the Abyss mimics the PIPBoy M???? They are almost the same size!!!

Perhaps you could gin up some fake rivet heads and glue/braze them to the sides of the DSSD bracelet?

I wonder if it would be easy to just put the DSSD clasp on a riveted Oyster? I would try that but I don't have a DSSD anymore. All of the hype/anticipation/version-mania sort of took all of the fun out of having one!

Bracelet looks great. Very impressive! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I am eagerly awaiting one myself and wondering if I can fit in a 1030 or 1520/30 underneath that beautiful see-through case back. Waiting to see if it is worthy of a movement. 1030 is my favorite movement aesthetically with the cut-out rotor but I suspect the 1520/30 is more likely to fit.

Most importantly, stunning work by PB and you. :D