When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whats your dream car?

Speedman

I've done quite a bit to my 911 Turbo, but I try to keep it looking as stock as possible. In a month I should be pushing close to 800 HP, the car is a blast yet terrifying to drive at the same time :)

Assume thats a 996 or 997. Was very close to pulling the trigger on a 996 turbo with x50 pack. The thing did shift but was missing the character of the air cooled cars.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

The Jaguar E-Type Growler concept is possibly the most beautiful car ever designed in the 21st century - even though it pays homage to a vehicle from a bygone era, it is a remarkable looking chariot

I firmly believe that if Jaguar produced this "precise" vehicle, it could 'own' the market

img_growler_e.jpg img_growler_e_2.jpg img_growler_e_3.jpg img_growler_e_4.jpg

• Like 2

Couple of things about these pictures  -  Can't help wondering why a pre-'74 911 steering wheel was used!

And .... FWIW (zip) I owned a bb-928 which was a special build, done on the first 928 delivered to the USA  -  to give some context as to how forward bb were in their approach, we are talking a 1978 vehicle with a complete removable glass roof, pearl white duco and huge open mouthed front spoiler/air-dam. A pair of custom made heated, 6 air-bladder, vibrating Recaro seats enabled the Mrs. and I drive 1800 kilometers with only stops to eat and refuel. Oh, and they rebuilt the engine suspension and exhaust system  -  it sounded like a jet

The guys at bb were radical characters, insane for their craft  -  nno idea what happened to them.

Talking about dream cars...mine will ever be the MB CW311

cw16.jpg

cw15.jpg

cw17.jpg

cw5.jpg

cw14.jpg

Yes, a 996. I bought the standard turbo, but I've thrown about 20k into the car on top of that. It's a monster now.

Assume thats a 996 or 997. Was very close to pulling the trigger on a 996 turbo with x50 pack. The thing did shift but was missing the character of the air cooled cars.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

How about a daily driver like this: Maybach Exelero

post-57433-0-75287200-1385191174_thumb.j

post-57433-0-15710500-1385191177_thumb.j

but as a Dreamcar it really should be open, shiny, fun and loud so this Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is way better:

post-57433-0-77253400-1385191309_thumb.j

or this Jaguar E

post-57433-0-18415300-1385191551_thumb.j

or the Jaguar XK120

post-57433-0-74925700-1385191566_thumb.j

and the real fun with these are the screeching tyres, the sounds and the smells, no ABS, no electronics, just FUN:)

Great thread, I LOVEE cars....

Driven most every one of these.

Hard to pick just one but a few top contenders would be:
Rolls Phantom Drophead (convertible version but Starlight Headliner in coupe is gorgeous!)

Bentley Continental GT SuperSports Coupe w Back Seat option (my all around fave - probably the winner here)

Lambo LP560-4 Coupe - can drive daily or Possibly Aventador (have NOT driven this beast but driven Murci)

Ferrari 16M (They're all Spiders - wonderful exhaust note w top down)

New Aston Vanquish Coupe (HOTT car in person, underrated for sure)

Had to edit & add this -

And of course, love it or hate it, the most fascinating car ever made, calling on aerospace technology, one I would love to drive someday:

The Veyron!

Edited by jpohl402

My daily driver. Love the car. I'm sure if I were dreaming the R8 would be parked out front, or the Aston Martin DBS ... :)

IMG_20120417_120626.jpg

S5 or A5 ? i cant see the badge on the fender. love the cars ! fantastic design .. wanted one since i saw the S5 in the movie Hitman ....  I picked up a black RS5 as my daily ... gobs of fun ! : )  but 911's still make me smile my ass off aside from the 991 chassis ( great automobile jut not 911 material... the soul is gone after the 997.2)   

S5 or A5 ? i cant see the badge on the fender. love the cars ! fantastic design .. wanted one since i saw the S5 in the movie Hitman ....  I picked up a black RS5 as my daily ... gobs of fun ! : )  but 911's still make me smile my ass off aside from the 991 chassis ( great automobile jut not 911 material... the soul is gone after the 997.2)   

2009 A5 s-line. I wanted the 3.2l v6 (hate the 2.0 turbo) so bought this one used. Added the RS5 wheels. I am about to upgrade to a S5 and now that I've moved to a climate that allows it, may go with the 'vert this time.

Very smart looking A5, I honestly thought what that sline badge (looks like the v8 badge from distance) and wheels it was an S5. The 3.2 is a great engine but i have not driven the 2.0t, but from past audi turbo 2.0's i can see how it would feel a bit out of wind in the weight of the A5.

sorry fellas i know its a dream car post ... just get excited when i see posts those 4 wheeled mistresses we all love so dearly ( or most do : P )

Very smart looking A5, I honestly thought what that sline badge (looks like the v8 badge from distance) and wheels it was an S5. The 3.2 is a great engine but i have not driven the 2.0t, but from past audi turbo 2.0's i can see how it would feel a bit out of wind in the weight of the A5.

sorry fellas i know its a dream car post ... just get excited when i see posts those 4 wheeled mistresses we all love so dearly ( or most do : P )

I swapped the Y-spokes for the RS-5 Titanium Rotors ... That probably threw you off ... ;)

She looked like this the day I bought her.

2.jpg

• 2 months later...

just got the chance to drive this 1981 beauty yesterday! And boy, what FUUUUUUN! A car like it ought to be....no gimmiks, no [censored], just 200hp and which you can listen to every second! 

Original color, nothing done since 1981, absolute original state! 

( and yes, i've never drove a Porsche before!)

Google 'porsche by singer'.... The ultimate porsche and my dream car.

• 1 month later...

I swapped the Y-spokes for the RS-5 Titanium Rotors ... That probably threw you off ... ;)

She looked like this the day I bought her.

2.jpg

Nice my current driver is 2010 A5 with S package cabrio. There is a pic in the what drive thread above. Did some mods to get HP up. This is my third Audi. Great cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anything from a 1964.5 - a 1968 red Mustang convertible with 3 on the tree. To me, the ultimate cruising car when you've got no place to go and all day to get there.

Like what Luigi from "Cars" would say: " It says 'Look at me! Here I am! Lllllllllove me...' ".

Just my thoughts...

DD

• 2 weeks later...

Im kinda missing my car when i was younger the toyota supra mk4 twin turbo wow that was a good car still see it driving around sometimes :D

Model of what mine looked liked

post-61085-0-29354500-1401972667_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

My dream car ?

Well, if i was (or i will be :)  ) rich enough, i always loved these 3 cars since i was a child:

1) Lamborghini Countach ->not a Car, a work of ART.

2) Ferrari F40 -> THE Supercar .

3) Aston Martin Lagonda -> The most beautiful sedan ever built.

Being myself a car addict of course the complete list would be longer; i would like to buy a Lancia Delta S4 (Group B) ,a three Rotor Mazda RX7 tuned by MAzdaspeed, a RR Corniche III (i NEED a cabriolet after all) , a Mercedes Benz 450 6.9 (The Grosser!!!), a Mercedes Benz Pullmann 600 (Ceausescu Style), a Bentley Mulsanne, an Aston Martin V8( (the 70s one), a Porsche 935, ad Isdera Commendatore, a Bugatti EB110, a De Tomaso Pantera GT5, ......is clear THAT I LOVE CARS ???