When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modern Rolex diver, Which one for you?

ryaku

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which one for you?

• Submariner 16610
    • Submariner 16610LV
    • Submariner 16610LV with black bezel
    • Submariner ceramic black bezel
    • Submariner ceramic blue bezel
    • Seadweller 16600
    • Deep Seadweller
    • Submariner 14060M No Date

You actually forgot the no-date Sub variation (14060M) from the choices.

But from these, the classic black 16610 definitely. New fat lug version does nothing for me, and I never liked the LV.

You actually forgot the no-date Sub variation (14060M) from the choices.

But from these, the classic black 16610 definitely. New fat lug version does nothing for me, and I never liked the LV.

+1 on all counts except maybe the fat lug version. I've not seen one in person yet, so I'll reserve judgment until I do.

Im a 1680/1665 guy, but if I did have to choose just one... I guess it would be the 16610 LV maxi dial and swap out the green insert for a black one. I dont like the deep sea as I find it to be "off balance". I havent yet tried on a ceramic Submariner so I cant say much about that one, although I really do like the look of it.

dizz

I do like the early 16610's, the one with the tritium dials and the 93150 bracelets w/ 501b end pieces.

But I'm sorta out there w/ Teejay- I like the vintage and these 16800's are getting to be vintage

P1000185.jpg

:victory:

Out of curiosity, what's the profile of the mid-case and bezel like on those? Is it like a 1680, or 16610?

Out of curiosity, what's the profile of the mid-case and bezel like on those? Is it like a 1680, or 16610?

Bezel assembly is exactly the same- in fact, the 16610 uses the 16800 parts numbers as far as the whole bezel assembly isd concerned and the crystal is the same 295-C2. The case itself has a slightly shallower rehaut and is fitted with the 3035 movement. The 16610 case has the deeper rehaut and takes the 3135 movt.

Same as 16610, teejay.

Bezel assembly is exactly the same- in fact, the 16610 uses the 16800 parts numbers as far as the whole bezel assembly isd concerned and the crystal is the same 295-C2. The case itself has a slightly shallower rehaut and is fitted with the 3035 movement. The 16610 case has the deeper rehaut and takes the 3135 movt.

Thanks guys, that's interesting to know :) I wondered if it might be the modern style case with the older style dial, but wanted to be sure :) Having a preference for the curved sides of the vintage cases, I wonder if anyone's tried putting a 16610 dial into a 1680/1513 case? :g:

• 4 weeks later...