When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hike's attempt to climb Mt. Everest Blog.......

hiker01

F, can't believe I was late to read this thread. It is absolutely inspiring to read through each of your posts, and I feel every bit of your disappointment at having to cut short your adventure. Nonetheless, you have already achieved more and gone further than many of us ever will. Get well soon my friend, and I won't be surprised to see you take another crack at this in the near future. Kudos to you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hike glad you made it back in one piece.

It must be very disappointing but remember a lot of people are very proud of you that you made such an effort to climb E.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Hike what you did was a major achievement, and to keep going even with sickness like that must have been hard, but you made thew right decision to come down and get well, i only wish i could see some of the thinks that you have seen.

Well done!

Wow, Hike, I just caught all of this. Don't know what to say except you deserve all the Kudo's you're getting. A great adventure that most never get to have in their lifetime. This one will be the next to best adventure you've ever had, because I'm sure you've got another one coming.

Get well and come home safe.

very proud of you Floyd...it was exhillerating to read your posts and to actually know someone who attempted this feat...many thanks for re-living your adventure with us here on RWG...inspiring and riveting...moreover, glad you made it back in one piece...and hope your recovery is going well...

you rock!...

R

Your experience makes me think of quotes from a couple of my heroes.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.- Theodore Roosevelt

Good try Hike. Get well, get settled and get planning your next attack on Chomolungma

Hi F,

Thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through you. Not everybody makes it up there and not everyone comes back alive either.

Get well and take another crack at it in the future.

In the future, you might want to spend a couple of days in Singapore aclimatizing to the situation there. No altitude aclimatization, but I m confident that the food here will prepare your tummy to anything that Everest can throw at you. The stuff that we put in our tummies...lol

Cheers

S181

Thanks everyone for the kind words......that means a lot!

I'm a wee bit disappointed, but better alive than buried up there. Mt. Everest will always be there and as long as I'm alive and kicking, it's always

there calling my name.......so, until we meet again.

And I don't know if you guys heard or read, there was a plane crash in Kathmandu yesterday, similar plane and same airline we took to Lukla....out of

21, only six survived!

Well, since I had about a month left on my itinerary after I got out of the hospital, I thought I'll take it and do some foot trekking all over Kathmandu

and Thailand, so hang on to your seats and join me for some picture blog........I'll post whenever I have the time:

Durbar Square:

post-4000-0-33793800-1337006879.jpgpost-4000-0-34702200-1337006922.jpg

post-4000-0-02406600-1337006902.jpg

post-4000-0-10034800-1337006850.jpg

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's great that you were able to make it as far as you did, considering your illness.

It's not the destination that is important, but the journey. you were able to accomplish soomething that very few others have been able to do. My utmost admiration goes out to you for making the journey.

F, even though you didn't make it all the way to the top I can't even begin to imagine the misery you were in by the time you decided being planted on the mountain was not a good move... My hat's off to you!

Congratulations PowerMax!

You have really done something great that most of us always will dream of, but never will do!

You have given all of us great moments in reading your very fascinating blog!

It is good to have you back! I am looking forward to read the rest of your blogging!

Thanks everyone for the kind words......that means a lot!

I'm a wee bit disappointed, but better alive than buried up there. Mt. Everest will always be there and as long as I'm alive and kicking, it's always

there calling my name.......so, until we meet again.

Don't be disappointed mate, like I mentioned before, you have already conquered Everest by taking that leap of faith of executing an explorer's dream. Tomorrow is another chance.

And I don't know if you guys heard or read, there was a plane crash in Kathmandu yesterday, similar plane and same airline we took to Lukla....out of

21, only six survived!

Good lord, I just watched the video on CNN. It is a miracle for the 6 survivors....