When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020: Deal at your own risk

Legend

Wonderful I got a warning point. But the guy that totally screwed everyone on here is still on here not a ban or nothing. If it wasn't for the members here asking to have something put in front of his name that would have never happened too. If it wasn't for mike on a bike not one thing has been done to this guy. Thanks for all the help you guys really care about the members here. I spend a lot of time and money on this forum buying things from members here. I been posting this persons name on all the forums and the forum were this theif is from is the forum that goes and give me a warning. Thanks a lot guys.

Guys the Ban was not imposed as there was hope albeit a small one Mike would come back join the private PM and get the list of goods and return said property. His VIP was keep in place at my bidding as I did not want to close the door on that possibility, however I guess that horse has left the barn for good so I will confer with the guys on the Ban.

Fbi :D

Yeha right.

It most be very boring for the fbi in usa if they can hunt down replica watch/watchsmith scammers.

Fidel Castro ? is it , i see your kinda new, Zero Feedback etc etc,   Trust me mate i used too work in Various US Government departments and we get things done......... especially Fruadsters.

Fbi :D

Yeha right.

It most be very boring for the fbi in usa if they can hunt down replica watch/watchsmith scammers.

Actually we are talking about a fraud/theft case in excess of $20k which extends across State lines and involves the Postal Service. And that's just our stuff. No telling who else he has scammed. Couple that with some of his other alleged issues, plus him possibly fleeing the State where he lives to avoid arrest/questioning, and this thing could be much larger than any of us know.

Edited by tomhorn

Me Castro,

I would recommend that you read the threads about this situation before you comment. I feel sure you would have a different outlook if you were out a couple of thousand dollars in watches and parts. And in fact, a fairly big part of the over 27 thousand dollars in watches and parts were in fact genuine.

If I had banned him at the first sniff of scamming, he couldn't have come back and given us all his (empty) reassurances that all work would be completed and returned. A ban shuts off all communication, and that's what we needed most from him.

Civic

"Guys the Ban was not imposed as there was hope albeit a small one Mike would come back join the private PM and get the list of goods and return said property. His VIP was keep in place at my bidding as I did not want to close the door on that possibility, however I guess that horse has left the barn for good so I will confer with the guys on the Ban."

You read the above right. :g:

To answer your question as I am sure others are wondering also :a few did get there goods in 90% of cases all screwed up, strangely enough very random in who did get back there goods. Still well over 20k out there.

I guess I was one of the lucky few who did. I sent him my PT red 1680 and Noob GMTIIc in Oct of 2012. He was going to regulate both, put a vintage gen crown on the sub, swap the plexi on the sub with a Clark T19, and replace the crown on the GMT because it was stripped. He did all of the work for free in exchange for me giving him a good word on rg and rwi. He wanted to build up a name for himself. I supplied him with all of the parts to use. Well, I had to hound him for progress updates and I thought I was losing my stuff at times due to no communication. Finally, in March of 2013 I received my stuff back with the repairs completed.

The hands on my sub are scratched ( I didn't actually notice this until a few months ago), the T19 cracked during install, which is common because we kept the plastic gasket in place, and he somehow dinged my insert on my sub. Again, I didn't notice it until I was recently looking at some of the update pics he had sent me for the T19. I saw the ding and then noticed it on the insert. Sloppy and careless. It's tiny and that's probably why I never caught it in the moment.

This must have been right before he wigged out on everyone here. I feel bad for everyone who got shafted by him. I honestly thought I was getting ripped off many times during the 5 months that he had my stuff. That's a long time to do simple repairs and between the excuses and lack of communication, I was convinced that I would never see my watches and parts again. I hope there is some kind of silver lining and positive outcome for the members here who got bent over by him. That's really a douche move to turn on fellow rep lovers. We are all in this hobby together.

Edited by Mendota Explorer

• 2 weeks later...

We handed an expensive watch to Mike McNair for repair. Normally we wouldn't trust an "unknown person" but he was personally referenced to us by an associate, an individual we trusted. You probably know where this is going. The watch was never repaired, and he has stopped responding to any of our inquiries, even those that simply said "send the watch back unrepaired, and we'll deal with it." We have threatened legal action, numerous times, and no response has been received.

What are other people doing to get their property back? We're a "reasonably long" but not impossible drive away from where he supposedly lived.

Input appreciated.

We handed an expensive watch to Mike McNair for repair. Normally we wouldn't trust an "unknown person" but he was personally referenced to us by an associate, an individual we trusted. You probably know where this is going. The watch was never repaired, and he has stopped responding to any of our inquiries, even those that simply said "send the watch back unrepaired, and we'll deal with it." We have threatened legal action, numerous times, and no response has been received.

What are other people doing to get their property back? We're a "reasonably long" but not impossible drive away from where he supposedly lived.

Input appreciated.

Here is the problem, it's very difficult to get the police involved in what they consider to be "white collar" crimes. most police forces especially smaller ones where MD2020 is located have all the problems of big city forces which are nearby, but not nearly the resources. In order to get the police to move forward, it generally requires that each individual personally file a theft report, listing what was stolen and the appraised or estimated amount. This is logistically impossible when some of the members live half a world away.

Hiring attorneys is expensive, and they are usually pretty half hearted about these problems. It's not something that they can make a lot of money with and consequently they aren't going to devote a lot of time to the case. Unfortunately, the guys on the other end, Mike McNair or MD2020 know this, and so they won't accept registered letters, dodge process servers until they feel like you and your group are going to give up in frustration. If you "go down' to his place of business or home, and start a ruckus, he will call the local police and have you charged with trespassing if you are on his property. He also may charge you with harassment and possibly assault if any threats were made. So you have to be really careful here, because you could easily become the criminal instead of him. There are some other avenues, you might want to consider, one is to contact the consumer fraud division in his state. Some of them are adding internet fraud investigations as it has become a very big part of criminal activity. He would qualify, as he was advertising on the internet, and you were conveying payments via the internet. May not get anywhere, but worth a try.

It's a real dilemma, as you are placing your trust in someone who you have never seen, an anonymous name on an internet forum. Unfortunately, even with good sound due diligence, it's very difficult to predict someone's behavior, and once he has your watches, it's too late. I cannot understand why in both of these cases, the person doesn't just sit down and box up everyone's stuff and send it back, fixed or not. It would basically put and end to the entire saga, and while they would never be welcomed back, at least they would stop the harassment and possible civil or criminal charges that they are facing.

Paneral153,

I guess such difficulties can occur even after a personal meeting! We were introduced to Mike through a mutual (and trustworthy) long-time acquaintance. He came to our home to buy a car, and a discussion about watches cropped up. He seemed talented and personable, and since he was "known" (well, sort of), we gave him an Omega Seamaster to repair, with promise he would get right to it. This was Fall of 2011! Some months later my husband inquired about the watch repair status, and Mike began a series of excuses. We were patient, giving him time when he asked for it. Finally, my husband implored him to return the watch - whether it was repaired or not - because it has sentimental value. Mike insisted to us that he still had the watch, at one point emailing a photo of the watch to prove this. My husband has tried multiple times to get the watch back. We've been more than understanding in this case. I hate thinking that someone is this unreliable, and I would love to get the watch back for my husband... even if not repaired. Is there any way you -- or someone who actually knows Mike --can help us in this? We just want our watch back.

Paneral153,

I guess such difficulties can occur even after a personal meeting! We were introduced to Mike through a mutual (and trustworthy) long-time acquaintance. He came to our home to buy a car, and a discussion about watches cropped up. He seemed talented and personable, and since he was "known" (well, sort of), we gave him an Omega Seamaster to repair, with promise he would get right to it. This was Fall of 2011! Some months later my husband inquired about the watch repair status, and Mike began a series of excuses. We were patient, giving him time when he asked for it. Finally, my husband implored him to return the watch - whether it was repaired or not - because it has sentimental value. Mike insisted to us that he still had the watch, at one point emailing a photo of the watch to prove this. My husband has tried multiple times to get the watch back. We've been more than understanding in this case. I hate thinking that someone is this unreliable, and I would love to get the watch back for my husband... even if not repaired. Is there any way you -- or someone who actually knows Mike --can help us in this? We just want our watch back.

I'm sorry to say that you have next to no chance of getting your watch back at this point. I do not know the details (there is only one person who does for definite know, and that is Mike MD2020) but I would guess that it is either sold or broken for parts for other watches.

There are many members here in the same boat, lost money, watches and watch parts, and a private email list has been set up between the members involved, it is headed up by "Mike On A Bike" - an outstanding member here who is helping to pursue return of whatever goods remain and also investigating and pursuing other legal avenues.

He has posted a few posts up, please send him a private message (or he may send you one) and he will help you all he can.

I'm sorry to say that you have next to no chance of getting your watch back at this point. I do not know the details (there is only one person who does for definite know, and that is Mike MD2020) but I would guess that it is either sold or broken for parts for other watches.

There are many members here in the same boat, lost money, watches and watch parts, and a private email list has been set up between the members involved, it is headed up by "Mike On A Bike" - an outstanding member here who is helping to pursue return of whatever goods remain and also investigating and pursuing other legal avenues.

He has posted a few posts up, please send him a private message (or he may send you one) and he will help you all he can.

I believe its a different Mike that she is talking about, when she mentioned Mike McNair.

MD2020 =/= Mike McNair =/= Mike on a Bike. ;)