When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chonographs:Show your collection

StormTooper4

I haven't posted much lately but here's a quick one. Here are some of my favorite rep chronographs that I've owned. I've owned plenty more but these are the ones I found pictures from... and that ring a bell. :)

I don't buy reps that often anymore. I think the last one I purchased was back in 2010.

Breitling BCE. V2 I think. Very nice rep but the greenish chewing-gum like hour markers pisssed me off.

Navitimer two-tone. This one I loved but it never fit my wrist properly and it was too garish. Great rep though.

Skyland v2. Best Breitling chrono rep there is (or at least was). Awesome build quality.

Breitling Chronomat B01. Ditto. Very well built rep. The only issue was the lackluster AR.

The infamous seconds at '6 Daytona. Actually the watch in the picture was a friend's rep but I owned a similar one for a few weeks. I'm a classic Rolex man through and through but I never really understood the attraction of Daytona (old or new). Visually it's rather boring watch and wears very small.

Ebel 1911 Chronograph. Now this was a funny one. Bought it back in 2004 from Richard Lawton's collection. It was a quartz rep but a decent one at that. My first rep chronograph. That's why I added it.

Ebel 1911 BTR. Still the best built rep I've ever owned. The bracelet was spectacularly good, very gen like. Loved this watch. Sold it because  I was going to get a gen but then never did.

Ebel 1911 Discovery. A legendary replication. I still have this one and will keep it for good.

Audemars Piguet Seven Sails: This was quite well made piece. Just added it because it was the only AP I've owned. I'm not a AP guy, really.

Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow. A rep classic with the hand wind Venus. I also owned briefly two other Venus chronos. Speedmaster black and Speedmaster "reduced" which was very inaccurate but fun.

TAG Heuer Aquaracer 45mm, I loved this watch so much that I bought a gen (a 41mm version though).

TAG Heuer Link. I made a review of this and it created quite a lot of sales. Old school dealers actually all owe me at least a few free watches because those old reviews got tens of thousands of views and those greedy Chinese bastards laughed all the way to the bank. :D Anyway this was pretty much the first ever "super rep". It was very accurate (and still is).

And I still own this. I got it back in 2005 or 2006. Still running like a champ. Actually I just wore it yesterday. Has a few dings and battlescars but it's been surprisingly reliable. A7750 is a great movement, apparently.

I can post some more if I can remember something worthy.

Impressive numbers and photos By Tor.  Those Ebels are really nice, I don't know why they don't call to me more. I need to pick up a Venus Speedy soon 

Hmmmm, once I'd taken this photo, I thought to myself "I've too many chrono's". Then I realised that I'm missing a few from the photo! Either lurking deep within a watch box or off for repair.

I started collecting them 24 years ago with some Seiko 7t32 movements. I wasn't until a couple of years ago that I really started to go to town on it though.

The collection here is a mix of rep and gen. Mostly auto but with a few quartz thrown in for good measure.

IMG_3236_zpsba93898c.jpg

• Like 1

Kernow and Hyjynx those are mightily impressive chrono collections you've got going on. What's your favourites

Thanks, but I can't answer your question with a straight face. They've all been my favorite at some point. As I type this, the UBoat is my playmate of the week possibly only because it's my latest acquisition.

Kernow and Hyjynx those are mightily impressive chrono collections you've got going on. What's your favourites

Well, it started with a black and stainless Seiko 7T32 which I bought when I was 21. I wore it nearly every day for around 20 years so in many ways that is my 'longest' favourite. I continued adding more Seiko 7T32 and 7T42 to my collection until about 2 years ago when I really got into reps.

I've always loved Omega Seamasters so it was a natural progression to buy some. I bought a new gen blue Seamaster chrono 18 months ago but decided that it was almost too nice to wear so I started hunting for a black rep of the same. I eventually found one and that was my first chrono rep. I then needed a blue one and now have 2 pre 2008 and 2 post 2008 Seamaster chronos. However two of them need some work and will be frankened - both need new crowns/tubes and one will have a gen white dial installed (once it's been relumed), the other already has an orange PO insert fitted.

So, I guess the simple answer to my favourite chrono question is one of my Seamaster chronos. (Currently my gen titanium on an olive green strap).

I really should have more 'love' for my gen Speedy Pro but she is mostly a box queen.

One thing I've learned over the past couple of years is that I'm generally better off buying either a used gen or a new/used rep as I don't like getting desk diving marks on $4k gens!

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure when I'll return home to take pics, but working from memory:

Rep:

Breitling Blackbird (old brushed model)

Gen:

Speedmaster Pro

Seiko 7A28-7049 "Speedy"

Citizen 67-9313 mechanical flyback

Victorinox Chrono Classic

Citizen Skyhawk Blue Angels Atomic

Citizen Calibre 2100 (black dial and white dial)

Citizen Skyhawk Blue Angels non-atomic

Sure I'm forgetting some here. I'm lately tending to shy away from chronos due to servicing cost and reliability. Just not worth the hassle to me anymore.

About time you get hit with the ban hammer isn't it?

Here is my little chrono group

Top Row from Left- Tudor Prince Date(Franken), Tudor (genuine) Rolex Gold Daytona 6263, Rolex  Pre-Daytona 6238 (ETA 7753 movmt.)
Bottom Row from Left- AP Rubberclad (Modded), AP Safari, AP Rose Gold Rubberclad, Edox (genuine)

post-327-0-70516600-1415841924_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-02245100-1415841949_thumb.jpg

Okay let me show you some of mine. Starting with my latest:

Jungians with 88cal.

15556358929_3ecf0c2b52_b.jpg

Junghans chrono cal 88 01 by Bidle, on Flickr

Nice Lasita with 7734cal.

5393523836_da13a9c021_b.jpg

Lasita 04 by Bidle, on Flickr

Lemon with 1275 cal..

13902806852_9712de6db6_b.jpg

Lemania 105 cal.1275 ~1950 03 by Bidle, on Flickr

Minerva Heritage with Venus 175. At the moment got one for sale.

13515739774_bcaa539628_b.jpg

Minerva Heritage 27 by Bidle, on Flickr

The TNT Challenger made for WUS with a Valjoux 7750 with AROLA Alfred Rochat & Fils RAT1 module

14661967832_37eb7a2609_b.jpg

TNT Challenger 75 06 by Bidle, on Flickr

Two Daytona's with in-house cal.

8236139230_e5bdcf593f_b.jpg

Rolex Daytona wit 08 by Bidle, on Flickr

JLC Master Compressor Diving Chronograph with in-house movement

8628910026_2f9b0969cf_b.jpg

JLC MCDC 27 by Bidle, on Flickr

A JLC DSC with in-house movement:

13516269124_9828efaaae_b.jpg

JLC DSC 07 by Bidle, on Flickr

A IWC 3725 on a leather strap with adjusted 7750 cal.

8236144496_964c41d791_b.jpg

IWC Ingenieur Chrono 05 by Bidle, on Flickr

:)

Edited by Bidle

rsz_p1000199-copy.jpg

Ollech & Wajs- MK4

309840563_o1.jpg

Roamer

1964.jpg

Heuer 1964 Re-Edition

P1000453.jpg

Baylor with the 24 hour bezel

P1000455.jpg

Pre-Carrera Heuer and a 6238 cartel

P10004572.jpg

Sinn 203 Silber- the most accurate of any of my nechanical watches and WR to 200 meters

photo19.jpg

Breguet Type XX with the V23 movement, but not a flyback

P1010096.jpg

Jean Marcel with the 7751- the modern triple date

P1010094.jpg

Albino 6239 on the right from DW and my V72 6238 with the 6239 bezel

2810ad64-6598-4e82-a2cd-e84840b69220_zps

the 6238 with the phong case and dial