When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Carpe Diem - our friend Cats

Nanuq

RiP Bert, was a pleasure to speak to you on occasion, you'll be sadly missed here.

My deepest condolences to the family and especially to Pim, your father had great strength of character

Carp Diem.........    

Cats has told us for many years to live the day. 

This is gut wrenching news. 

As a wise man once told me, life is the ripple we make in the water.  If just a small part of Bert's ripple can make us take the chance, go for it, kiss the girl (maybe not if you're already married), do something that takes it on-board, then it's a big impact from just one man.  A big ripple we can all make from his advice.

Raising a glass to you Bert....

Rest in peace Cats, my thoughts are with you and your son and family.

The past few weeks every time I saw an update in his thread I hoped it would be a reply from him and did wonder if he'd gone into a hospice. We all got to go sometime and Cats inspired me with his selfless attitude to life right up to the end.

RIP Cats. Alas, I didn't know you, but from the posts above you were a true gent and will be missed by our forum and even more by your friends and family. Condolences to all of your loved ones. :(

I'm saddened to learn of his passing. I too have lost someone very dear to me only five days after Bert. It's a tough time. My most sincere and deepest condolences to Bert's family.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but its allowing love to triumph over fear, and striding forward regardless of the anxieties, the uncertainties, the incessant pounding of the heart.

We cannot get Cats back, but he lives on through everyone and everything he cared about. His love cut through his disease and infirmities, and shone over his son defying all the physical weakness, till the very last. 

From Cats, we can learn how to love, and how to give. I think that its the greatest single lesson any human being can learn. 

I bet that somewhere, right now, our dear Cats is is disease and pain free, and smiling down upon his son, and of course, still dreaming about watches. I suspect that he would for a long long time to come. 

I just heard about this.

I feel really sorry to hear this. Cats was a longtime forum friend and always a gentleman.

Rest in peace my friend.

Carpe diem

By-Tor