When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

someone opened a Pay Pal case on a watch

mymanmatt

Unfortunately there are many abusing the whole Paypal system now, many who would not even call themselves scammers (although the above obviously is) will start a PP dispute knowing full well they will end up keeping the goods and getting the refund.

All because they believe they and not the seller/dealer should be able to dictate the terms of the sale.

Ken

If I were Matt, going forward, I would not deal with anyone who doesn't have any "creds" on this or other forums. I feel sure Matt has plenty of business to keep him busy with local folks and people on the forums who are honest and have a track record of solid transactions and deals with other members.

Sad to say there are a lot of folks on the Internet that are just out and out crooks, and the anonymous nature of the Internet makes it a lot easier for scammers to operate with some degree of safety. It's a shame that people like this fellow ruin it for all of us who would never dream of doing what this asshole did..

I know Matt, and he would never sell anything that wasn't fully described and the buyer knows exactly what he is receiving. If Matt sells a watch he builds, the buyer knows exactly what parts are used in the build, and if it were a genuine watch, it damn sure would be 100% genuine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If I were Matt, going forward, I would not deal with anyone who doesn't have any "creds" on this or other forums. I feel sure Matt has plenty of business to keep him busy with local folks and people on the forums who are honest and have a track record of solid transactions and deals with other members.

Sad to say there are a lot of folks on the Internet that are just out and out crooks, and the anonymous nature of the Internet makes it a lot easier for scammers to operate with some degree of safety. It's a shame that people like this fellow ruin it for all of us who would never dream of doing what this asshole did..

I know Matt, and he would never sell anything that wasn't fully described and the buyer knows exactly what he is receiving. If Matt sells a watch he builds, the buyer knows exactly what parts are used in the build, and if it were a genuine watch, it damn sure would be 100% genuine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks mike on a bike. I agreed to the return on paypal. Not much choice since they froze my account for the money. At least he has to return it in the same condition he received it. LOL So, lesson learned. Know who you're doing business with. Assume nothing. Do your homework. Thanks rwg staff, you're the best

Seems he was selling rep watches on ebay and claimed they were gen. Probably what happened with mine. Sold it, they returned it as fake. Opened a claim with pp. 100% scammer

Matt, how much did you lose? If there is anything I can do to mitigate your loss, I would be happy to!

This is more than a polite offer. I have helped some guys here, and I would be happy to do the same for you. 

Legend. Thank you for that offer. That is a very generous thing to do. However, I am able to absorb the loss. $800 is not that bad. The most concern I have now is how it will affect my pp account. I have settled with pp on the claim, hopefully it will just go away. Thanks again Legend.

A quick google of the email give a link to a site where he scammed other people too. http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/23790-Sydor-H-P-Leveling-and-Gold-Farming!!

Sorry you had to take the hit Matt, scammers are just [censored]. I've been done by a watchsmith over on the geek. Ssteel knows all about that one too!

A quick google of the email give a link to a site where he scammed other people too. http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/23790-Sydor-H-P-Leveling-and-Gold-Farming!!

Sorry you had to take the hit Matt, scammers are just shite. I've been done by a watchsmith over on the geek. Ssteel knows all about that one too!

Ah, so he scams not just in this hobby, but also in his gaming one. 

Its just sad how some folks live their lives. 

Yep, scum bag's do their work in all parts of their lives. Telling a lie for them is a way of life. So, now he's banned here, repgeek, and rwi. I'm sure it won't be long before is back with another user name and email. Be on your toes everyone.