When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Love

JoJo35

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I finally found the time to take pictures of my 6263 :wub: , hope you like it.

bdw6263sm01sm.jpgbdw6263sm02sm01.jpg

Build realised by Master Domi, thanks again!

Modded DW dial (removed the red writing and replaced the clownish looking coronet with one from an Air King dial), gen V726 :Jumpy: , crystal, crown, pushers and 571 endlinks. Bracelet is a Yuki but I'm saving up for a 78350. I'd love to finish it off with a sigma dial and service bezel but this will take some time. I blame this build totally on all of you in this forum, I clearly lost my senses somewhere in 2009/10 while browsing the Rolex section here! :crazy::D

:drinks:

I finally found the time to take pictures of my 6263 :wub: , hope you like it.

bdw6263sm01sm.jpgbdw6263sm02sm01.jpg

Build realised by Master Domi, thanks again!

Modded DW dial (removed the red writing and replaced the clownish looking coronet with one from an Air King dial), gen V726 :Jumpy: , crystal, crown, pushers and 571 endlinks. Bracelet is a Yuki but I'm saving up for a 78350. I'd love to finish it off with a sigma dial and service bezel but this will take some time. I blame this build totally on all of you in this forum, I clearly lost my senses somewhere in 2009/10 while browsing the Rolex section here! :crazy::D

:drinks:

Looks great Wiesn. Now I want a black dialed one too (especially without the Daytona writing it looks awesome.

Could make a great "Peruvian"

Is your forum name a reference to the mother of all beer fests? I was just there in October and had a great time ( "Oans, zwoa, Gsuffah")

SXP-3-3.jpg

SXP-2-3.jpg

Haha, yeah it is, Donerix, Prost!

Thanks again, actually I have considered to have back engraved with "Fuerza Aerea Del Peru" but I still need to read up some more about how this was done. I think it wasn't engraved actually but rather stamped, and contrary to the British Milsubs this was done by Rolex and not by the Peruvian Airforce themselves.

Thanks! Yes, bought this as a complete V23 copy version. The lugs are pretty sharp though any ideas how to fix that without ruining the case?

I used an emery board to dull the sharp edges on my 6263. It's a cheap and quick solution. Anything more comprehensive will need a repolish/rebrush of the case!

My silver 7750s:

999644565_VcnAp-X3.jpg

Haha, yeah it is, Donerix, Prost!

Thanks again, actually I have considered to have back engraved with "Fuerza Aerea Del Peru" but I still need to read up some more about how this was done. I think it wasn't engraved actually but rather stamped, and contrary to the British Milsubs this was done by Rolex and not by the Peruvian Airforce themselves.

I read somewhere that the engraving (or stamping) was filled with enamel FYI

Let's have a beer at Wiesn 2011.

I will be there... :)

• 5 weeks later...

Here's my collection of vintages. Varying degrees of works in progress, and working* timepieces :whistling:

DSCN3694.jpg

And here's a sneak peak at two more future vintage projects. One will hopefully be something a bit 7032-esque, the other, something inspired by the 6238 :)

DSCN3699.jpg

*Frequently subject to change :whistling::bangin:

• 6 months later...