When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My puppy got hit by a car tonight

dylan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear about your great loss.

I wish you and your wife strenght in this sad period in your life.

I fully agree to live life ot the max and enjoy every moment you have because it can change all of a sudden.

For that i always end with.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Hi Dave,

I am an animal lover, and have felt the loss of each my "babies" very deeply.

Our cats are like children to us, they have the run of the house, sleep with this, including under the duvet when it is cold, and so on.

Each loss is a bereavement, and whilst time may diminish the deep anguish, there will still be moments of anguish and pain.

Those who have no animals cannot understand these sentiments, and I believe that I can truly empathise with you.

I offer you these words:

"We do our best homage to our dead when we live our lives most fully, even in the shadow of our loss".

May you find some small comfort from one who understands your grief.

Jon

Man i em so sad about this i have lost many pets it hurts everytime just as much or even worse.

I em a bull&terrier lover but all dogs and animals have a place in my heart and right now my hear hurts because of this.

I wish you all the best and stay strong,

Best Regards,

Daniel

I remember when Jellybean was younger... we left him for a bit on the front lawn when he saw some other critters in the bushes across from our house. Being a puppy who loves exploring he high-tailed it across the street and I immediately gave chase. Luckily an old lady was driving her Buick and slowed down for him, but if it was one of our redneck neighbors in his pickup truck Jelly would have been a goner. The fear you have at these kinds of times is nothing that can really be described in words. It's like a whirlwind of emotion paralyzing your whole body.

I am so saddened by your loss, but hope that maybe other dog's lives can be saved by the importance of ensuring they are always properly leashed. I wish everyone could understand that collars are not always going to work, as resourceful dogs can easily wiggle out. It's nobody's fault but remains a very crucial thing to remember.

Don't give up, Dave.

Dave, very sorry to hear about your loss - keep your head high and cherish the good times you spent with her - those memories will last a lifetime. If this happened to my little one I would not know what to do, my deepest sympathies go out to you and the family. Take care buddy, we're all here for ya

Dave:

I'm very sorry about that! I'm shocked when I read this terrible news...I remember you post her photos on RG; and I love her very much as she is so cute. I've download 2 photos of her & show them to my wife that night. Could believe this happen....I don't know what should I say...But; take care my friend, your wife need you very much! Go get so sleep, ok?

Best Regards,

Raymond

thank you all for your kind words...its a new day, but so very fresh...i can see the blood stain

in the street from my window...i don't know why i'm torturing myself...

my wife wants to get another female shih tzu for Pele ASAP (like today) from the

same breeders, hoping for one that shares Dolly's genes...

i don't know if i can handle bringing another one home...i almost feel like

i'm replacing dolly and she is irreplacable...so perfectly pure...