When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is going on here?

lazarini

Right,

so i bid and won an auction on Thursday 28th on the bay and payed for the item yesterday (u might remember i sold my BCE on the weekend as i needed to raise funds urgently)...

I sent a note to the seller to let me know when item is shipped and i get this just now in the mail:

Dear xxxxxxx,

hi there im sorry but im having trouble with paypal at the momment they have told me it's due to a buyer protection because i have under 100% feedback,they will not release any money until the buyer leaves positive feedback or it has been 21days since the transaction. ive had it twice before and have complained to paypal as ive been a member for some time now,i just dont want to send the bag all that way and not get paid,it's a risk id have to take,and im not too sure you would want to wait 21days before getting the back. thanxs.

xxxxx

I mean WTF? Seller has a 97.xx % feedback from 65 sales...

Is this normal or is this a con what shod i do what are my options im in need of urgent help!

Regards LAZ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never ever heard of that.

I would contact Paypal ASAP to figure out what exactly is going on before he withdrawals the funds and not end up shipping out the bag.

Hmm...

this looks like a buyers remorse to me or a plain scam i mean i do not get it its like she is asking me to give her a positive feedback for this transaction so the PP will release her funds?

I'm thinking oka if i do that this means i basically said the transaction was oka and i get no guarantee she will send the bag...

Also has anyone experienced PP sitting on their funds for 21 days? Or for any amount of days for that matter?

qhats best route go to PP or go to BAY for answers on this?

FFS i have really bad luck with purchases on the purchases in the last times :( i even bought a Elektrolux milk foam maker from a shop at my parents place this weekend (500km away) only to discover the box is empty when i came back here ...

Laz

It seems to be another PP 'buyer safety' scam to increase sales and fees...and endanger sellers.

Check this out:

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tre...08460&rid=0

I have never used paypal and never will.

I would rather tape money on a goat, head it in the right direction, and slap it on the rump.

Hmm this looks to be spot on from what she told me...

what to do guys shod i give her positive feedback ?

Laz

It seems to be another PP 'buyer safety' scam to increase sales and fees...and endanger sellers.

Check this out:

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tre...08460&rid=0

I have never used paypal and never will.

I would rather tape money on a goat, head it in the right direction, and slap it on the rump.

Heh heh, that made me chuckle!!

This is a weird one Laz!! I would have said scam right of, but the waters kinda muddied now!! I say take the advice of everyone else ( apart from the goat advice!! ) and get in touch as soon as with PayPal!!

Hope it works out for you bud!!

Sixx :bones:

The seller is scamming you. Holding you hostage for a positive review. There's no more (or less) danger of her not getting the money from PayPal whether or not you leave positive feedback.

While it is true that eBay/PayPal is holding the seller's funds for 21 days to help reduce fraud, there are two easy ways for the seller to not have to wait a full 21 days to withdraw their money from their PayPal account .... complete the transaction with you in a satisfactory manner resulting in your leaving positive feedback, or upload the tracking information from the shipped package. The money is in the seller's PayPal account, and isn't going anywhere (including back to the buyer) in less one of those things happens.

I see you've already left the positive feedback so it doesn't matter now. My response to this when asked by a seller is to mention that they can clear the hold themselves by providing the tracking information that indicates the item has shipped, and telling them as a backup I will issue positive feedback the day the package arrives safely.

Edited by tomhorn

I agree with tomhorn 100% on this. This puts the monkey on the sellers back and it's not your responsiblility to do anything until you receive the item. The seller may not like being out the money, but you're already out the money anyway- it's just that Paypal is holding on to it and earning the interest.

The seller just needs to do right- ship the item and quit fooling around- just part of being in business. If they don't like Paypal/ebay, they can always go somewhere else.

By leaving positive feedback or waiting a lenghty period of time it probably makes it THAT much harder to refute the transaction when the seller sends you nothing. I would of reported it to ebay asap. A positive feedback from the buyer to me means youve waived your right to a refund. Makes it sound like youve already inspected the item and are satisfied. Ask yourself why would ebay pp ask a buyer to do this? I know its ebay and all but it still doesnt make sense

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

I had the same thing happen when I won some very expensive watch bracelets on the 'Bay. It was the seller's first transaction and it gave me some small bit of security, but it sure made the seller unhappy. As soon as the parts arrived I looked them over, posted positive feedback, and he got his cash.

The seller's first reaction was that I was scamming him... I told Paypal that I didn't appreciate the poor aspersions it cast upon me in the seller's eyes.

Enough is enough :angry:

- I have cancer

- I'm divorcing

- I'm fully loaded with work

- I have a flu because I was in Mexico last week (replace Mexico with any other city for other years).

- PayPal blabla....

- Fbi rang my door because of dealing with counterfeit goods

- I couldn't pee today, can you imagine how painfull that is (sure!)

- I've been fired because of the US poor economy (oh, that was 5 years ago, right?)

- ....list your favourite here !!!

We've heard them all...and more are to be invented yet I'm sure.

A transaction is easy: you buy, you pay, you receive.

Anything else is weird.

If a transaction is not closed within reasonable time, file a complain.

Laz, I'm sorry this happens to such a nice guy as you.

You do not deserve that at all...

Nice rant Stephane!! That was top quality!! You have went up even further in my estimations my friend!!

I do love a good, proper, old fashioned rant, balls to this Political Correctness gone insane world, have a proper rant you will feel a ton better for it!!

All togeather now, Steph, you're judge on this one after your sterling effort!!

Sixx :bones:

Guest Sql_pl

Laz I am sorry to hear about your trouble.

But guess what - something a bit similar just happened to me!

I think PayPal may have some money troubles and they try to freeze as much as possible for as long as they can!

I have sold an item to a gentleman who was interested in buying it (totally off-rwg thing) and just got a note that his payment is frozen due to the fact they believe it was made with no PP accoount owner approval.

Bulls**t!

i agree that its a real headache to get money outta PayPal but that's a risk the seller has to take ... personally i cannot fathom leaving a seller any kind of feedback until i receive the goods

chances are he may think he can get more for the item and wanted you to back out altogether

Well this new buyer/seller protection is more then a sad attempt to generate funds on people that use their services.

as said i went on a limb here and posted a positive feedback, the seller came back to me and said that they lifted the freeze and she is shipping the goods tomorrow...

True? Falls? will Laz get his goods or he will get taken ??!????!?

Find out that and more when the "LAZ DOES BAY" returns after this commercials :clown:

Laz