When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Real Asian 3135 Clone

milesd

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder how well it performs...

yes, indeed. that is the real question. id probably still rather have a sellita.

id only probably ever buy it if they rep'd the cal 1520/30 or 1570, can you say gen datewheel, no dial feet clipping and 19.8k?!

just from my observations the engravings dont look real(as in printed on) and the reversing wheels arent exactly the same material as the gen(teeth are shiny metal). there are also several other obvious differences, like the regulator and screw sizes and shape. i bet its the same factories that make the 2836 clone using the same inferior materials but just a differently designed engine. a different way of doing the same thing. id even bet the rotor isnt pressed on but screwed down with a cap over it. bet its not worth the price/headache that will ensue. even willing to bet that the movement is modified to be backwards compatible with the ETA movement cases meaning its not a true 1:1 3135 clone (not accepting gen parts)but rather when it breaks there are no spare parts for it. you can confirm this by the low crown position as seen on puretimes website, this just looks like a 3135 more than the dressed up eta2836 did. also would bet it takes eta hands. basically the keyless works is done differently on this one. one look by a watch maker and he will instantly tell isnt not a 3135. if it doesnt have a micro adjuster how can you call this a clone?

cant wait to see the asking price, any one else think it will be out of line?

Wow isnt that something ... I hope it passes the test of time and is reliable.

It reminds me .. about 2 weeks ago (I forget where) I saw a "Rolex Clone" movement with a red gear screwed directly to the balance cock. I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

"The big question does the stem line up as the Real Rolex movement does; if that is the case no more low position crown and correct rehaut. meaning accurate Submariner and Seadweller."

If genuine dials and hands also fit, it will turn a lot of empty genuine cases and spare dials into running watches without much hassle.

I bet relax watch co jumps through their azz when they see this. :animal_rooster:

"The big question does the stem line up as the Real Rolex movement does; if that is the case no more low position crown and correct rehaut. meaning accurate Submariner and Seadweller."

If genuine dials and hands also fit, it will turn a lot of empty genuine cases and spare dials into running watches without much hassle.

I bet relax watch co jumps through their azz when they see this. :animal_rooster:

dont look like it.

post-10838-0-25611600-1313866311.jpg

it may look like a duck, but i bet it talks more like an eta. dont hold your breath

my question is when you set the time on this movement in which direction the hand are turning.

when you set the time on a gen and turn the crown clockwise the hands turning clockwise but in eta reps anticlockwise.

if they done this..i am completely satisfied!!

Edited by boogie1976

A fair question to ask is: Would you rather have a gen 2892 or clone 3135? might be fun to own one of these just to say you do, but I am thinking I would rather stick with a tried and true movement. Any one else?

Me too...tired of movements without parts availability. We spend enough time and money trying to "find" things. I have almost enough parts in the box to build a 2836.

A fair question to ask is: Would you rather have a gen 2892 or clone 3135? might be fun to own one of these just to say you do, but I am thinking I would rather stick with a tried and true movement. Any one else?

Me too...tired of movements without parts availability. We spend enough time and money trying to "find" things. I have almost enough parts in the box to build a 2836.