When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

STOLEN WATCH

Lo'

Sorry for the caps but the situation calls for it...

So yesterday night I was a little overwhelmed as it was the first time that something like that happened to me; a part of my brain was trying to elaborate what the next move should be so I did not react in a proper way. In fact I might say that I was slightly shocked... the idea that some lowlife could have broken inside my parcel, take my watch, strap it around his wrist and get away with it was too much.

To cut a long story short: Zeleni's watch has been stolen. I have received his parcel, it was closed with a piece of grey scotch tape (my concierge got it, had it been me I would have not accepted to collect it), all that was left inside was a bracelet and four inserts. The watch is gone.

I know that this is a community made of kind hearted people which can turn into nasty ninjas in case of need. I also know that I am a new member of this community so the majority of you do not know me. Nonetheless I hope you are going to listen to my call:

The gentleman which stole this is a sub-par. He has made a big mistake and sooner or later he's going to do another one and I will be waiting for that. But I need your help.

Please, please, please I know your eyes and ears are everywhere on the net so, if this should pop up anywhere on eBay, Craigslist, your local flea market will you drop me a note?

There aren't tons of pieces like this one around, in fact there's only one like this.

Zeleni and I are going to fill a complaint with the postal service in the hope of getting his/my money back as the parcel was fully insured, but I'm not optimistic, and besides it's not about the money, somebody stole Zeleni's watch for God's sake!!

Thanks to all for reading.

post-49167-0-75640200-1360653185_thumb.j

post-49167-0-04698100-1360653200_thumb.j

post-49167-0-75442600-1360653213_thumb.j

post-49167-0-18158300-1360653223_thumb.j

post-49167-0-21829500-1360653232_thumb.j

Excuse my words......fucking bastards, lowest of the low scum of the earth fucking arseholes   :nono:  something Z would have said too if he could atm ! Really feel for ya mate really do, not much I can do about it except be on the lookout everywhere I can for you, if it pops up you'll be the first too know  :)   Sorry to see this beautiful piece go missing to some retard who wont appreciate it either  :bangin:

Sorry to hear this, but a suggestion that you may with to follow up, check out your local pawn shops, and show them photos of the watch, and leave a contact number that should anyone try and pawn such a watch, they can call you.

• Like 1

With routine x-raying of all parcels at multiple locations during transit, this is happening more and more, all in the name of "security". It's becoming more and more difficult to securely and reliably ship high value items or perceived high value items. Too many potential thieves know what's in a given package. Most carriers limit their liability regardless of how much insurance you purchase as well.

Man, that stinks in 1,000 different ways.  Especially being Z's watch.  Yeah we'll keep our eyes open.

NOTE:  the 24h hand in the distinguishing feature here, and it's easy to swap out.  That would put this piece seriously under the radar.

So when evaluating GMTs that pop up here and there, imagine it with the red hand and see if it's a match.  Got a serial number or other distinguishing marks?

Good luck!

Thanks to all for feedback and solidarity. Concierge is a trusted person. Zeleni's been trying to file a complaint with the swedish postal service, but was explained right away that without an invoice/receipt or similar document proving the content of the box's claimed worth (1000 eur), there's no way to get anything back. On top of that he can't tell them there was a watch in there, it'd be considered jewelry so, again, no refund. I'm out if invoices and receipts for goods worth 1000 eur lately... One never has the thing he needs when he needs it... :)

For what is about serial nos. And/or distinctive marks Zeleni will have to reply as he's the last one which saw amd handled the watch :(

It's sad to say that today, the honest person is at the mercy of all the thieves out there, not just the ones who are wearing a mask and holding a gun!! The corporations are just as guilty, just like the postal service. Can't prove, bla,bla,bla. Why would one insure and empty box for 1000Euros? they accepted your money for the insurance, it would seem that it's incumbent on them to make sure a package gets delivered safely, or either pay the seller for his lost goods.

I really don't know what the answer is, i suppose you could take the watch to the post office unwrapped, photograph the postal person putting the watch in the box, packaging and sealing taped, but even with all that I don't know if they would pay if it was stolen or lost. What do the jewelers amd diamond merchants around the globe use to ship? Most of the genuine watchmakers  that deliver watches from Switzerland to the USA use FedEx, I don't know if that is a viable choice with replicas.

Man, that stinks in 1,000 different ways.  Especially being Z's watch.  Yeah we'll keep our eyes open.

NOTE:  the 24h hand in the distinguishing feature here, and it's easy to swap out.  That would put this piece seriously under the radar.

So when evaluating GMTs that pop up here and there, imagine it with the red hand and see if it's a match.  Got a serial number or other distinguishing marks?

Good luck!

As much as this sucks, the joke is really on Mr. Douchey McBag.  He stole a really nice franken.  And any place he tries to unload this is going to call it out.  It will be very easy to find this if it pops up on ebay or any of the watch forums for sale - the "watch out!" section on the rolexforums might be an interesting place to keep your eyes on for a while.  The 1655 case with it's 6mm crown is going to stick out like a sore thumb to all us know-it-all's (no offense RA)  plus the NTD dial and Clarks bezels also have their tells. 

We'll find it if he tries to sell it.  And God help him when he does.  The wrath of these forums have been known to ruin people.

"i suppose you could take the watch to the post office unwrapped,
photograph the postal person putting the watch in the box, packaging and
sealing taped, but even with all that I don't know if they would pay if
it was stolen or lost"

I do this you can ask some of my buyers send to some, but have on all JIC problem. Photo wrapping process ,putting in and sealing box at PO then receipts at the Po at counter.

Can you post the original sales thread for reference and Z can you tell us anything special about the watch. Also, if there's specific locations (port city, your home town etc) maybe members in those locations can scan Craigslist as time allows. Sorry man. That bites big time!!!

Darn... When I opened the thread to get its link you can't immagine the anger....

Whatever there it is: http://www.rwgforum.net/index.php?/topic/155516-FS.-Rolex-1675-gmt,-built-by-RolexAddict-(The-Famouse-one)

And again, any particular regarding the piece will be offered by Zeleni as soon as he's able to hop back in.

I in the meantime have been filing a complaint with the postal service on my side. I have declared that the box contained a watch movement, to avoid the restriction to ship jewelry. Problem is that I am required to issue a document proving the item's value.

Anybody knows a watchsmith which has/can issue a receipt for a watch mechanism worth 1000 eur (850£ or 900$ roughly)? A scanned copy would be sufficient, I'm quite sure there would not be too much enquiring before refund.