When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

big problem with customs...

edgematic

About a month ago, 2 watches I ordered from eurotimez were seized. Got a letter from the lawyer of Rolex, ignored it. (by ignoring it I agreed to destroy the watches)

Now I got a letter from the Belgian Customs, they ask me to come to their head office so they can interrogate me...

If I can't make it to their office I have to write a letter in which I state:

- who bought these goods, or who sent them

- how much I paid

- If I know that it's illegal

- If I want to let them destroy it

I also have to add a copy of my ID etc.

Any tips on this guys???

regards

• Like 1

I am a Belgin customs officer, I just read your post and now I have proof that you know you were buying a counterfit replica watch...so if you lie on your letter or during your interrogation you will be purgering yourself and we will charge you with this and other offences...

Not a good idea to post this in the open, how do you know that Belgin or other Customs officers aren't logged into and members here??

RG

You should have paid extra (and wait extra) to get the watch shipped from EU.

This is God knows... XXXth similar post in last 6 months, and it's almost becoming a daily occurance. What is so difficult in this?

If you're in EU, especially in Scandinavian and Benelux countries don't get reps shipped to you from Asia. It's simple as that.

Sorry to hear about those troubles though.

Seized by customs .... From Eurotimez ? I though he was shipping from .... EUROPE :g:

He ships from Asia unless you request shipping from Europe. It costs a few bucks more that way... and takes a while longer. But as we can see again, it's well worth it.

Anytime anything (in the USA) is siezed it is due to improper paper work .. but the rule anywhere is "deniability" do not under any circumstances answer any letter or message of any kind... the dealer will usually replace the pieces. By answering any document you are acknowledging the facts that are being asked.

If the letter was registered (you had to sign something to receive it), I would speak with a local lawyer to see what he recommends. My guess is that he will tell you to write them back saying you never ordered anything &, therefore, cannot assist them with their investigations.

However, if you did not have to sign for the letter (it arrived with the rest of your daily mail), I would probably ignore it altogether. If, at some point in the future, they contact you again, just say you never received the letter & know nothing about it. If you did not sign for it, they cannot prove you ever received it.

If the letter was registered (you had to sign something to receive it), I would speak with a local lawyer to see what he recommends. My guess is that he will tell you to write them back saying you never ordered anything &, therefore, cannot assist them with their investigations.

However, if you did not have to sign for the letter (it arrived with the rest of your daily mail), I would probably ignore it altogether. If, at some point in the future, they contact you again, just say you never received the letter & know nothing about it. If you did not sign for it, they cannot prove you ever received it.

I think this is the best way to go.

If it doesn't work and they come back to you, just do as Corgi says.

I just think they want to scare the [censored] out of you so that you won't order again you nasty boy! :nono:

They have more important thinks to do I believe....

Any way...good luck with it!

I am a Belgin customs officer, I just read your post and now I have proof that you know you were buying a counterfit replica watch...so if you lie on your letter or during your interrogation you will be purgering yourself and we will charge you with this and other offences...

Not a good idea to post this in the open, how do you know that Belgin or other Customs officers aren't logged into and members here??

RG

Nah, he would be purgering nothing. He posts here under a surname and no good lawyer would ever let that get connected in court. Not that there is going to be a court case. Scare tactics - and they know it - both customs and Rolex, believe me. They have to catch you with the watch and taking possesion of the package to make a case. Those letters are toilet paper - both from Rolex and Customs. Don't respond at all.

And to the OP and anyone else here - I'm sure I don't have to tell you or anyone else here to NEVER, and I mean never sign for a person to person Registered letter from anyone. Not even your Mother or even God! Those things are poison. And as a rule I won't sign for Certified's either unless I know who it is from. Nothing good can from signing anything that nails you down to a date and possesion of information. Registered and Certified letters are only used for one reason - to incriminate people by dating an event.

If they are serious about prosecuting you, let them come and arrest you. But they won't because as I said you have never been in possession of the goods, nor do they have any paper trail connecting you to a crime. "Must have me confused with someone else sir" is the only response and only if you get arrested. Then call your lawyer who will countersue them both for libel and lost wages.

Again, responding to a letter and saying you don't know what they are talking about is no good. Don't give them ammo for the future in case the shipper or someone or a witness or something on the other end is in heat and is ratting you out with a proof of order or something. You never know who might be trying to stick heat on you to get out of jail. Stranger things have happened. For that reason, make them arrest you. That way you haven't told a lie or the truth - just nothing. Let your lawyer handle it if it ever comes to that. But I guarantee unless you are distributing, which I assume you are not, it will never happen brother.

• Like 1

Most lawyers will tell you to do nothing.. don't speak to the police or customs and never ever put anything in writing. Anything you say or write can and will be turned against you. Why help them build a case against you? Make it entirely their job to do that.

Remember they only want to speak to you to help build their case.. NOT to clear your name. They are NOT on your side.

If, and only if, it goes to court should you present a defense..