When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How's Lani?

Utheman

He did say that what he had was not pneumonia, but rather influenza A(?).

Then he was a very lucky guy...Influenza A is starting to get epidemic also here in Europe.

Everyday we listen to new cases and we also have one case here in ICU just like Lani.

Pneumonia is caused by this virus.To be honest it did cross my mind that Lani's case could

be an influenza A incident.23.000 people have been infected in Mexico...

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/guidance/

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off the phone with the big man. I have to say, this is the first day in which he's starting to sound like his old self.

He's now in General Care, so no more ICU. A good sign that he's improving.

He did say that what he had was not pneumonia, but rather influenza A(?).

Had a chance to talk with Lani myself today as well...

The thing that really nailed him was the mis-diagnosis...

You do not treat pneumonia the same way you would treat influenza...

He ended up being weeks behind on proper medical care...

I really feel for the poor guy...

But...

As already stated by Ubi & Robbie, he's on the mends...

Strong man, with a strong spirit and heart - he'll be just fine in the end...

Told me that he's gonna have his laptop rounded up tomorrow...

Maybe he'll pop in for a word...

Love ya bro,

Mike

Ah, it's good to hear that this is coming out well in the end.

BIG THANKS to Ubi, Robbie, TT, et al for keeping us in the loop.

The place just isn't the same without the old timers around.

Thank You ...

Thank you.....

Thank You .....

I always speak of the fact that in life... "You never know what life has in store for you, so live everyday with passion and be grateful to see the wonders of life,....cause ya never know what life will bring"

Ubi... Kruzer... your confrerence calls to me although I was pretty out of it meant everything!!.. and I thank you !!

TT .. Ditto Big Man !!! Thank you for the words>>>.

Robbie G ...... what can I say ma man.. we're in the same current right now... karmic circle of life .. from the day's at the old Wolrd Gym... to RWG....

Love ya all !!!!

I am now out of "critical tech" care..

I was in:

ICU..... 8 days

Critical care ... 5 day's

Now in General Care.....

Gotta go to take an MRI

be right back...

L

never again will I say I am not claustrophobic..

The MRI tunnel is like being squeezed into a cannon tube..

They have ... through the Board of Health of Hawaii .. infectious disease control (both through the hospital and the Health Department)

Have confirmed my case as "Swine Flu'"... this is where the virus attack ll major organs .. In. heart..lungs.. kidney,.. liver..... everything along with my heart failed..

the better part of ICU was spent keeping my heart beating... literally ........my Blood Pressure dropped so low one night it was a struggle to keep the heart beating... they had asked me if I would like a Priest..

I told them "I'm .. OK... I am ready to cross over" .... actually it felt like I did already transition to the first level..

I am not speaking in a suicidal or negative way .... I felt I was at peace with how I would leave this physical demension.. and was actually anxious to see what the other side was like....

Well, Doc's all said if I wasn't in great shape I would be on the other side already..

I am scaring myself..looking at a face that has lost 37 lbs. in the last 2 weeks..

and whose heart stregnth now is 23% ......

I will deal with the mental anxiety of the gym I'm sure.....

but for now.... on to the next raffle ......... soon B)

A~C

Lani

Guest HaloArchive

Lani, the best man on Earth has been let down out of the clouds and the heavens to grace this planet as he once did. *Harmonic church chior singing in the background*

I think im happy that your back R! :D

but for now.... on to the next raffle ......... soon B)

A~C

Lani

No bloody way!

"On to the next raffle.......later!!!!"

Much later!

Look after yourself mate, we'll keep the larrikins here amused until you are back to full strength!

Matter of fact we'll get T to take the forum down for a day or so, to give you some rest :p

We are truly glad you are still with us mate.

Offshore

Welcome back from the edge Lani. Let you know, Ubi had actually been so concerned he called me direct to get reassurances that our hospitals were up to par in Hawaii, I reassured him that we are not the backwater some think we are. Swine Flu, yee gads! Time for a long pau hana.

Malama pono brah.

Omni

Swine 'flu 0 Lani 1

Mutated killer virus met its match clearly

I'm quite shocked at the misdiagnosis though, ought to have been the very first on the list re. differential diagnosis. When Ubi emailed me with updates, I naturally assumed it had been ruled out.

Anyway, great to see you back, and I wish you a full and speedy recovery mate.

Thank You ...

Thank you.....

Thank You .....

I always speak of the fact that in life... "You never know what life has in store for you, so live everyday with passion and be grateful to see the wonders of life,....cause ya never know what life will bring"

Ubi... Kruzer... your confrerence calls to me although I was pretty out of it meant everything!!.. and I thank you !!

TT .. Ditto Big Man !!! Thank you for the words>>>.

Robbie G ...... what can I say ma man.. we're in the same current right now... karmic circle of life .. from the day's at the old Wolrd Gym... to RWG....

Love ya all !!!!

I am now out of "critical tech" care..

I was in:

ICU..... 8 days

Critical care ... 5 day's

Now in General Care.....

Gotta go to take an MRI

be right back...

L

Awesome to see a post from you, brother, take it easy and get well soon :):good:

Thank You ...

Welcome back, R! It's very good to have you back! The forum hasn't been the same without you and it was awfully silent sometimes.

I celebrate your comeback by upgrading to Platinum and invite all other members who have not upgraded yet to do the same! :D

Val.

Swine 'flu 0 Lani 1

Mutated killer virus met its match clearly

I'm quite shocked at the misdiagnosis though, ought to have been the very first on the list re. differential diagnosis. When Ubi emailed me with updates, I naturally assumed it had been ruled out.

Anyway, great to see you back, and I wish you a full and speedy recovery mate.

As Ubi stated to me weeks ago... concerned about my current Physicians analysis... Alll my symptoms pointed to Congestive heart failure ......

there would have been a myriad of signs... if BP was taken........ it would of been bout 75/60 .... I asked about a Blood Make up..

But Oh, Well........ it could b worse......

They took A long time to verify it is the Swine Virus...... it's ok. most of the other verified cases was with the Coroners office .... So I am fotunate.....

@Omni.... thank youfor the hook up with the gang B)

thank you gain All !!!!

A~C

Lani

It is with tremendous joy and great relief that I share in the good news.

You are still in my thoughts and my wife and I were discussing you just this minute. She has no passion for watches but she has an extraordinary compassion for people and animals. She passes her well wishes your way too my friend.

As always, be confident in knowing that you are loved and this great community can not wait until you are your old self.

The Hairs on my arms stood up when I saw you had posted, and chills ran through me. Thats those positive vibes channeling directly at you man. Rest well, be well!

I'd say we should all chip in for a "get well" watch of your choice, but you already own every damn watch made.