When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTF! Ubi's 7032 going for $50k!

chiman12

It seems that some people like to take advantage of others...for $50k!!!

I think this is Ubi's 7032 that he recently sold...the tells..."UNITS PER" has paint missing in the same spot, the "75, 85, 90" on the tach ring also has some paint missing on the same spots. Same hands, that are wrong. Looks like the seconds chrono hand was changed. Interesting that the seller doesn't show the model numbers between the lugs or the movement. I bet you it says 7031/0 and the movement doesn't have an engraved Tudor bridge.

Is this all a coincidence???

http://cgi.ebay.ca/V...=item4aa4861694

Ubi's original sale posting here...

http://www.rwgforum....__1#entry865753

What are your thoughts????

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might just be another modded NDT??? There is slightly more damage to the large chrono seconds hand (just going off the pics) and although the missing paint on the "T" in Unit is similar, it looks like Ubi's was missing slightly more paint.

Perhaps Rolexmaniac88 who bought Ubi's will chime in...

Hey gang,

Sorry to chime in somewhat late; I haven't been on the forum in a few weeks. Chief and red alerted me to this thread; I can attest that this is indeed my old watch! WTF?! $40K US???

FWIW, rm88 did not purchase this one... It was another member.

Disappointing to say the least. I am always reluctant to sell my pieces as it is; this may have sealed the deal in convincing me to never sell another piece again...

I don't think anyone could fault you for feeling that way.

Nevertheless, I call dibs on your 6263.

I get the Snowflake! I get the Snowflake! :Jumpy:

Seriously now: Ubi this is exactly why I teach my kids about the value of a good reputation. When people know you, and you're a stand-up guy, then they can look at something like this and say without a moment's hesitation that someone else is pulling a fast one. Your reputation here is beyond reproach.

This puzzles me since anyone who's been on the forum for more than 2 weeks knows that the regulars here troll ebay every day looking for watches and parts. Reselling an RWG watch as Gen on ebay is a sure way to be called out by the people here. It doesnt make sense.

I am very reluctant in selling my stuff. Here is the a problem that can arise.

I sell a decent Franken to someone that I think I can trust. They in turn sell it as a genuine watch to someone else. Then that buyer soon discovers it is not genuine. The scammed buyer goes after the seller, perhaps the Feds get involved. (postal fraud, etc). The scammer then points the finger at me saying I sold the watch to him as a genuine. Now I have the fed's, or Paypal, or eBay, snooping around my business and questioning me, freezing my account, and knocking on my door. Not worth the hassle.

This puzzles me since anyone who's been on the forum for more than 2 weeks knows that the regulars here troll ebay every day looking for watches and parts. Reselling an RWG watch as Gen on ebay is a sure way to be called out by the people here. It doesnt make sense.

I quite agree, all I can suggest, is maybe the person really needs the cash. Desperation can make people do stupid things, and principles do little when the wolves're at the door. Not saying that I condone what has happened, the seller has clearly abused the trust here, and that does nothing for the hobby, but given my own situation, knowing how tight money is, living hand to mouth between commissions, well, all I can say is I can understand what might drive someone to do something like this.

(That is of course assuming that their situation is one of desperation... If it's just the greed of trying to flip a watch for profit, that makes it a different kettle of fish entirely and would mean a big :thumbsdown: for them...)