When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A call to prayer from my RWG friends

redwatch

Hello all,

I got unfortunate news today that my Grandfather is not doing well. He was in a car accident two weeks ago. He was T-Boned on the drivers side and broke several ribs and is really banged up. Today I got a call from my Dad that I should come home to see him and that it does not look good. His liver & kidney's are shutting down and he cannot eat or drink.

My grandfather is an amazing man. 94 years old and still driving. He works volunteering at the nursing home three days a week. The nursing home that my grandmother was in until she passed away 12 years ago from Alzheimer's disease. He was the head of the Alzheimer's Society for a number of years, and all around just such a generous guy. A World War II veteran and the most generous and kind hearted person I have ever known.

I will be flying home tomorrow and I pray that I get to see him before he moves on to the next life.

It is here, in this place, that I say that I truly love him and will miss him dearly. May God shelter him and bring him together with my Grandmother once again, forever, in ever lasting peace.

My Granddaddy, My Best Friend

© Lauren E. Garner

The one that is my friend,

The one that is my guide.

How much I love, and how much I care,

Is too much to describe.

You've always been my hero.

You've always been me pride.

You've always given so much love,

And shown what’s deep inside.

My heart is full of love.

And my soul is all delight.

You’re the one who sang me to sleep,

and whispered nighty night.

And everyday I pray to God,

I thank him for sending you,

Because you’re the one who wrote me the song,

And made all my dreams come true!

More prayers coming from OZ.

Ken

My prayers are with you and your family Red.It sounds like your Grandfather has lived a incredible life. At 94 years old that life might be coming to a end. I hope that whatever happens that your Grandfather dosent suffer,If he has to go,may he go In peace.Im sure he will,best wishes :drinks: Mike