When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020 Who is dealing with him, I'm worried now!

sgtguk

Its a shame due the fact that ziggy is unavailable to me and Rolexman is in EU and now very booked.

Vaccum does stellar-grade work and lume, but is also insanely booked so expect 2 or 3 months but really quite perfect work.

If you want quality work and very simple lume jobs (sandwich dials) with a week turn-around then The Katt is your man.

• Like 1

I requested my watch back without the work and a tracking number. He responded yesterday and said he needed PayPal payment for shipping. Made payment and requested a tracking number within 48 hours. Nothing yet but hope he does the right thing. This was my first rep that I wore once and sent to him on multiple recommendations then ended up in this disaster. I guess I learned to just send back to Andy at tt next time I have an issue. Sad way to start my rep collecting but won't let it stop me. Too much fun. Lol

I requested my watch back without the work and a tracking number. He responded yesterday and said he needed PayPal payment for shipping. Made payment and requested a tracking number within 48 hours. Nothing yet but hope he does the right thing. This was my first rep that I wore once and sent to him on multiple recommendations then ended up in this disaster. I guess I learned to just send back to Andy at tt next time I have an issue. Sad way to start my rep collecting but won't let it stop me. Too much fun. Lol

He still requests payement after no work done?????? SICK!!!!

JUST BAN THE GUY!

• Like 1

This has been going on for a while. Is there a count of how many projects md has had going on? Do we have a count since this thread started of how many people got their watches back? Can the mods handle this since everyone seems to be getting [censored]. I called md yesterday i left him a message. He contacted me on email and said hes gonna call me and explain his situation. Ill hear it and then ill come on here and say whats going on. The thing is since this thread started i think i saw that 3 people got their projects back and if any of you sent him any projects since all this started then you might have made a mistake. Ok lets see what happens today.

Tony, " This has been going on for a while. Is there a count of how many projects md has had going on?"

fraggle is getting together a list I would PM him in regard, also any others that have stuff out there it would be a good idea. The list will be going to MD/Mike to help with organizing work/returns.

Tony, " This has been going on for a while. Is there a count of how many projects md has had going on?"

fraggle is getting together a list I would PM him in regard, also any others that have stuff out there it would be a good idea. The list will be going to MD/Mike to help with organizing work/returns.

The reason why im saying this is because everyone is jumping down this guys throat. I was too and still might do so,But you cant blame them if they dont know whats going on and if everyone sees some type of progress list i think it might calm people down.

Did anybody get their watch(es) back yet? If you do, let us please know. 

I wanted to send Mike two watches but glad I didn't do that!

Got mine back yesterday.

It was repaired correctly and working fine as far as I can tell.

Only thing I had to [censored] about was that it took almost 8 weeks.

they were told to take down there positive comments about me or get banned.

Anyone who was told this by anyone here, please forward that PM to me. There are three people here with the ban button and neither myself, TwoTone nor Admin have made this statement.

Something like that is totally unacceptable here at RWG and I won't tolerate it. That's not who we are.

Mike no one was told not to say anything positive a matter of fact quite the contrary is true. Although I cannot ban anyone I have personally PMed people to tone it down on the negative side and not jump all over you. Behind the scene I have been very very active having received many PMs for help by members seeking communication with you I have advised restraint and for the most part was able to get the guys on board but at some point little by little they got tired of waiting for news. I will admit that some positive posters were criticized by others on the thread but that was in the open as there was a difference of opinion, that can't be stopped. (You know that)

• Like 2

Let's hope that soon I can add to some positive information and report the arrival of the PAM 029 that I bought on the 27th August and that was reportedly sent on the 4/5th Sept, to date its not arrived so 10 days, but I really hope that next week it does.

MD, you have no idea of the shit you have caused to many sincere and considerate members and instead of continuing to be on the offensive that you have absaloutely no right to be, you should google where to buy some Humble pie, eat some, a load in your case and start apologizing for your own screw up.

AJ

• Like 2

I have to say Mike is great guy and worked on a lot of my watches.  People here talk about taking Mike too long to get things done. If you have owned a Gen Rolex and sent it to Dallas, then you know what the wait can be like and then they bend you over.  It seems there are some people on this thread that keep it going, then assumng Mike is selling their reps on facebook, give me a break.  The admins should kill this thread, it is going no where.  Mike is contacting people when their watches get done or if they do want them back UN-repaired, they should pay for shipping.  As far as Mike trying to rip you off, he is much smarter than trying to rip people off on their $200 rep.

MD2020 - Your repeated pejorative rep references are unsettling, to say the least. It also seems rather odd considering they are coming from a member who requested a personal forum detailing his work on them. If you are unable to meet your customers' expectations & also fail to communicate with them in a timely manner, complaints are the logical result. Why, for the 2nd time, this should come as a surprise to you, tells me you took on too much work, lack the requisite customer service skills to smooth over the resultant bumps in the road & are repeating the cycle over & over again.

MD2020's customers - Again, RWG staff are not able to mediate private transactions between members & making repeated attempts to contact MD2020 is likely to be about as effective is repeatedly pressing an elevator button. If MD2020 fails to respond within 2 weeks, try him once more. If you receive no response after that, I would encourage you to contact your bank or payment processor.

• Like 2

Thousands of years ago, the only reason mankind survived is that they remembered bad things.

Tiger bites toe off. Owww! Tiger is bad! To survive, must remember tiger is bad!

Apple is nice. Meh. Apple is no danger, forget apple, remember poisonous things.

And round the fire next week, the tiger was 12 feet tall and swallowed a man whole. And what's an Apple?

We're still exactly the same now, right here, in this thread. Just sayin'! :)

I have to say Mike is great guy and worked on a lot of my watches.  People here talk about taking Mike too long to get things done. If you have owned a Gen Rolex and sent it to Dallas, then you know what the wait can be like and then they bend you over.  It seems there are some people on this thread that keep it going, then assumng Mike is selling their reps on facebook, give me a break.  The admins should kill this thread, it is going no where.  Mike is contacting people when their watches get done or if they do want them back UN-repaired, they should pay for shipping.  As far as Mike trying to rip you off, he is much smarter than trying to rip people off on their $200 rep.

This thread should be over when mike is done with everyones work. That a very fair thing. Anyone who doesnt have a watch with him after reading this thread that has 280 posts really should think about what they say as they dont have anything going on here.

• Like 1

I'm not getting involved in a slanging match with you Mike, regardless of what you may think at this point in time the thread was started to help your situation for both you and for members of our community to resolve the outstanding issues/repairs we have with you, thats all.

All I ask is that you send my watches on as we have discussed and thats all, I am still waiting for the package from you to arrive here in Oz, I am not jumping up and down in annoyance at you or sending you any more emails.

My emails when we initially spoke about the works required we unanswered after a couple weeks Mike not a couple days, I fully understood that you were having problems and indeed defended you to other members who were against you, this is a hobby for me Mike, it should be a pleasure not a pain in the ass.......

Ask fraggle what I have put in my emails to him  ;)

• Like 2

Mike, regardless of what you may think at this point in time the thread was started to help your situation for both you and for members of our community...

Exactly right. If a certain supplier had been better organised and more professional in his work he wouldn't have needed SGTguk to spend time playing secretary.

Whether MD recognises that this thread was needed to fill in the gaps in communication is irrelevant... it was. The only reason MD doesn't like the content of this thread is because it contains the opinions of lots of people from varying backgrounds with varying degrees of experience of watches, repairs, forums and business.

In fact this thread is a great bit of market research for you MD and the next repairer who fancies a chance.. I've picked out the key points:

1) There is a definite market for rep repairs

2) The RWG community is extremely trustworthy

3) Communication is key; radio silence will kill your business

4) Keep your personal issues personal, this is business

5) Don't bite the hand that feeds you (slagging-off reps and rep owners isn't smart business!)

Maybe you can learn and move on, make some changes and reap the rewards. The emphasis is on "learning" though, the hundreds of comments here collectively show that your opinions and actions are wrong. If you refuse to accept this it shows arrogance and immaturity.

MD and future watchmakers take note, there is plenty of business here, we are crying out for your services BUT you need to meet our expectations not the other way around.

• Like 6

MD and future watchmakers take note, there is plenty of business here, we are crying out for your services BUT you need to meet our expectations not the other way around.

I would like to add a a small point to that last comment, many of the people here have expectations that are some times unreasonable in terms of what is practicable, doable and just plain common sense. Some people expect a reply to every PM as soon as it is sent, some people just do not understand what amount of work some times goes into to watch work, I once made a brand new stem for a customer and as I could not really charge by the hour ( and it took me 6 hours of work) I told the customer this and I said pay me what you think that is worth, an his offer was €20 !!!

So fitting to the expectations of every one is some times hard, the trick is to only take on the work from people who understand, and choosing those customers is not easy.

This post is not in defense of any one or as a criticism of any one it is words of experience!