When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Important annoucemet regards my status regarding current work

SSTEEL

Mickey, very sorry to hear about your mother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. AJ, incredibly kind of you to do this, but you know I wouldn't expect less of the great folks in this community. So many fine guys here, makes me proud to be a part of RWG.

• Like 3

Very very sad to read this Micky. I had to say farewell to my grandmother a month ago, these things are never easy and for me many tears with the family were needed. Don't mind about watches now mate, there are things much more important in life such as family. Enjoy the Aston ride btw ;)

• Like 1

Just spoke to the doctor about mom’s current condition, and its not looking good :(  She’s fading away really quickly, and is having problems breathing, so she’s now on a ventilator which is aiding her breathing, the doctor said he was sorry to say over the phone, but they are very concerned about her today, she's deteriorating rapidly,  its looking like I maybe too late.  I did manage to speak with mom yesterday, and told her I was coming to see her next week, she cried, and sobbed, so much so, the nurse come on the phone.

So sad to hear.   I went through a similar situation with my mom several years ago.   Trying to balance the desire to say goodbye with not wanting them to suffer, is very difficult to deal with.   At least you got to speak with her.    Stay strong...........

Doggone it, Micky I'm sorry to hear that.  Is there ANY way you can get there sooner?  Can you take emergency leave or anything else?

If the doctor is telling you it's this advanced, you need to drop everything and go right now.

This is a day and a week you will never get back with her, and it will probably be the most significant week of them all.  This day and week are uniquely valuable.  My advice is to pursue it just like that.  Drop everything and GO.

Doggone it, Micky I'm sorry to hear that. Is there ANY way you can get there sooner? Can you take emergency leave or anything else?

If the doctor is telling you it's this advanced, you need to drop everything and go right now.

This is a day and a week you will never get back with her, and it will probably be the most significant week of them all. This day and week are uniquely valuable. My advice is to pursue it just like that. Drop everything and GO.

Do as The man say Mickey i wasnt there when my father passed and i regret it every day of my life

Doggone it, Micky I'm sorry to hear that.  Is there ANY way you can get there sooner?  Can you take emergency leave or anything else?

This is a day and a week you will never get back with her, and it will probably be the most significant week of them all.  This day and week are uniquely valuable.  My advice is to pursue it just like that.  Drop everything and GO.

I have tried to get an earlier flight, but due to May Day holidays, the earliest I could find was Tuesday 5th of May.  Its booked, and now having to wait.

Some positive news, spoke with my sister last night, and mom, although in quite some pain, had her tube removed, and she was speaking a little, she was asking how long she has to be in hospital, and that she has nobody to talk to.  She also ate a little which is good.  My auntie, and uncle visited her last night too.

Take the above advise Micky. Everything else will be there next week, your mum nay not. :(

I'm still around London at the moment if you need anything. Drop me an email if you do.

• Like 1

Very sorry to read this. Hope you are able to find peace with it.

Thanks mate but i never Will Its just one of those things there Will always be there you always Think you have one more day you know :)?

Ezio, those are very wise words.  This past year I flew to see my dad 6 times when it seemed I was about to lose him.  I'll never forget that time. 

Ssteel, what other options do you have?  Train?  Boat?  Hell, get a kayak and hit the waves.... you're young and strong.  Move heaven and earth to get to London, mate.

• Like 1

SSTEEL. If I can help on any pressing issues, I will be glad to do anything I can as for repairs. You can send them to me and I will do them for you at no charge. LMK if I can help. As for going to see your mom, GO! It's very important in the last stages of your moms life for you to spend time with her. Don't wait. If your gut feels like you should find another way to get there sooner, obey that instinct. Even though we know the end is close, we are never prepared when the end actually comes. That's why it's so important to put family first. I'm sure everyone that has work with you will agree and understand. Not to mention how glad your sisters will be to know your there. Again, if I can help with your repairs, lmk 

• Like 2

Just heard from my sister, the treatment has been stopped now, for what reason exactly is unclear, but her pain relief has been increased.

Emma just sent me this when I asked why they have stopped the treatment 

Because she can't take the medication and she said it's cruel to keep trying to make her

Seems strange this to me.