When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watchmaker9 New 1 to 1 copy Submarinercase ?

Tribal

Thanks man. I was a bit skeptical at first but looks like this is really out now. Not bad. That actually looks like a great looking Sub. The crown looks oversized (once again) though. I wonder why it is so difficult to get right. Actually it looks like it comes straight from the Noobmariner.

Can you post pictures from the straight upright view (similar as your second photo, but with the bezel intact)... and from the side. HERE is one of my photos to show what I mean... so we can see the rehaut depth.

PS: And please add a little bit light (if possible).

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They mention specifically that the watch comes with a hollow link band and they ship with a solid one??? Also the dial from what I see is not the best....the second markers touch the rehaut. The crown also looks oversize. Font on the insert is too thick. Rehaut does look deep however and the pearl is not bad from what I can see.

The pearl looks completely wrong to me.. bezel insert font is wrong as mentioned... wrong bracelet... incorrect crown.. and they ship you a watch where the bezel doesnt stay on???

Does this have a 520117 serial number between the bracelet lugs?

To be fair, the second markers almost touch the rehaut on the gen too. Not a big deal, imho.

509136hd2.jpg

This new rep has very good looking frontal rehaut thickness and shape, like Noobmariner. Beats TW and MBW in that department. I think it's a good looking Sub. The insert and crown aren't great though.

umm....No Offense my friend.....but that looks nothing like what WM9 promised....sorry

I think it looks exactly the same. :blink:

Excellent 16610. Some flaws, yes... but fixable. This IS the best one yet... the rehaut (front & side) are excellent. Shiny and metallic, and it looks like correct depth to me. Not too short like Nooby, not too deep like TW/MBW. Good crown guards... but once again shame about that crown. I guess it's impossible to make even remotely like the gen...read: correct thickness.

I'm sure our dealers will get this too.

@ngdenny: Thanks for the pics.

(reps dial like noob usually are 1mm smaller then gen dial)

Actually rep dials are 1mm larger than gen dials. The only case that will take a gen dial is the TW Best and the gen dial is still small, but if centered perfectly, will fit. Typically a gen dial will fit inside the rehaut ring up against the crystal- no bueno, like on a noob or CN case.

ngdenny, thanks for the pics. If you could shoot one more from the crown side down low, from 4 or 5 o'clock, towards the crown, it would show us the crown position/ We're hoping the crown sits up higher than on the reps!

I have just looked at Watchmaker9's website and the updated 2007 Sub now has better pictures with bracelet etc and it does look much better than other versions but not 1:1 yet. Also in the pics the watch appears to have a correct thick crown tube and crown. The position of the crown looks pretty good too. Hope fully the pics will show here. His price is a joke though!!

07zsub16610aa2.jpg

Yes I did and never heard anything since. I would still be interested but not at $650+

I don't mind solid midlinks as it adds a better feel to the watch. I have this exact bracelet on a Sub I received from Eddielee a while ago. It is a good one with 3 peice end links and a nice clasp. I have sent an email to WM9 and we will see what happens this time and what price he offers me one for!

Just received an automated email back stating this:

Dear Customer:

Due to the high volume of incoming email requests, there may be delays to your reply. I will try my best to answer your question as soon as possible. If I have not replied you in 48 hours, please give me another short message as a reminder for me to look up your previous email. My profound apologies if there is delay to your reply! And I appreciate your great support and patience.

Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

George

Watchmaker9 chief support staff

Hmmm...this idiot's still sending the same bullschit email reply he was sending in July & August. So funny how busy he is with all his "responses" and "sales", not a single human being at any forum on planet earth seems to have one.

Edited by gioarmani

I'm actually quite disappointed with this so-called 1:1. By-Tor is right about the rehaut thickness and depth. It's the best looking rehaut among all subs. But there're a few things that jumped at me:

- The production version bezel is not quite the same as the prototype (which probably used a gen bezel). It could be ngdenny's pic. I'm talking about the bezel teeth. They look much more angled down. I hope it's just the picture. The biggest motivation to buy this version for me is exact reproduction of the bezel:

Picture_003.jpg

and this one

production01.jpg

The bezel teeth slope down too much like noobmariner's. A square frontal view posted by By-Tor shows the teeth nice and sharp and long. That's the look I yearn for. If the teeth slope down too much, you can't see that in the front.

509136hd2.jpg

ngdenny, can you take more pics that are not so close-up?

- dial is still inferior to the noob dial. With minute markers this long and touching the rehaut, it should have "Swiss-T<25". So this still needs a noob dial.

- the crown has poor teeth. Gen crown needed.

- bracelet sucks too. Sure hope a noob bracelet can fit.

To me this is a better MBW which means it also needs mods to be 99.whatever% but by no means perfect out-of-the-box. One thing sure for me is I'm not paying $500 for it. Let's also see what King brings. She said she has a 1:1 with 2892 or gen movement.

-bk

I especially love how he references to complete scam sites and quotes the price from the scam site as the watches true "Estimated Value"...This guy is selling a freakin turn-o-graph for 700$ LOL...I dont know but something smells really fishy about this guy's site...I would steer clear...Ill wait for one of our trusted collectors to get these and than mabye i'll buy one if the price is right..

Edited by UB7

Somehow the rehaut looks too convex to me... no as straight as it should be...

The bezel looks oversized as it overlaps the place where the crown meets the case... on the gen you can always see that; on this one it's a bit over that spot

Dial isn't THAT good... even the M's don;t align like they should

Pearl sucks

crownguards point upwards when looking from the side... not good

So... what IS 1:1 on this watch?

@bklm1234

check the bezel assembly on click for post #130

The bezel does look similar to the pre-production model

The assembly has no problem. I'm talking about the teeth. They slope down more. It could be the pic. Compare that to the gen:

Picture017.jpg

also look at the prototype bezel which looked fine.

wm9sub01.jpg

BTW, the price is $375 instead of $499. That's much better, MBW price range.

-bk

bk, $375 is ONLY a 50% DEPOSIT!!! the other 50% is due once they are ready to ship!!! The watch is $655... :(

TOTAL, USD$655.99

PRE-ORDER DEPOSIT: USD375.99 FOR DELIVERY BY OR BEFORE DECEMBER 1, 2007

(We will email you for the balance of USD$280 right before your order is ready for shipping from U.K.)

bk, $375 is ONLY a 50% DEPOSIT!!! the other 50% is due once they are ready to ship!!! The watch is $655... :(

TOTAL, USD$655.99

PRE-ORDER DEPOSIT: USD375.99 FOR DELIVERY BY OR BEFORE DECEMBER 1, 2007

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: this is like a soap! I doubt if there is even a 1:1 case. The one in the pictures doesn't look like it for sure. Sorry i put my words so strong, but the claimed 1:1 is not this submariner IMHO.... and we've heard to much lies buy dealers about 1:1, about swiss movement, about superlume, about quality control....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: this is like a soap! I doubt if there is even a 1:1 case. The one in the pictures doesn't look like it for sure. Sorry i put my words so strong, but the claimed 1:1 is not this submariner IMHO.... and we've heard to much lies buy dealers about 1:1, about swiss movement, about superlume, about quality control....

The pre-order thing bothers me a bit. Altho the site looks pretty legit, I think I'll wait till the release date, when some people can post their experiences with him.