When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You just won $500million dollars!

Dizzy

I read this on another forum and thought it might be fun!

Lets pretend for a minute that everyone was allowed to buy and drive only ONE single vehicle. You would have to use it for everything from going to the store to get milk, to driving it to work and when you are out enjoying your hobbies on the weekends...You know... if you like to cruise in the sun down past the beach with the wind in your hair, you might want to buy a new BMW 6-series converable, If you want to drive up and down twisty mountain roads you would probably buy somehitng like an AWD Audi RS6 or mayble a Porsche C4 all wheel drive sports car... but.. then you wouldnt be able to go mudding on the weekends... hhmmm... Maybe you just love 4x4ing and you live in Hickville USA. Maybe then you would build a hummer H1 becauses that still half ass ok on the highway if you want to drive to the next town for dinner. But if you loved to do landscaping for all your neighbors, they you wouldnt be able to buy a McLaren SLR would you? Ever try to get 3 bails of dirt and some shovels and rakes into a cramped supercar?

Do you get the idea? You need to chose the coolest car that will fit your current lifestyle and be functional for everyday use. Spend as much as you want!

Heres what i would buy if i could choose any one vehicleand you would own ONE only, that i would have to drive EVERY day for the next year lets say...

I travel a LOT on the highway on a weekly basis about 400km each way to my different job sites. A Ferrari would be nice but useless if i had to haul some boxes or tools...

There isnt lots of snow in the citys, BUT there is a lot of snow on the high mountain highways in Western Canada here so i would need something that can handle that.. So the Ferrari 599 is crossed off the list... haha.. But an Audi RS4 would be perfect..

I like fast cars muscle cars withgood leather interior. A 300c SRT8 is a nice version of that.

Sometimes for work i have to pick up orders from the wholesaler.. those can be many heavey boxes so any small car just wont do. I could get a nice new F350 or something but that would suck ass on the highway at speed.

I think i would pick.... A good performance sport utility.. powerfull.. sporty on the highway, can carry lots of stuff when needed and will get me through the snow in the Canadian winters.. My second choice would have been the new S550 Mercedes 4Matic

****Porsche Cayanne Turbo

perfect!

mansory-porsche-cayenne-955-1.jpg

Lets see what you guys would buy if you could only drive one and were stuck with it.

I'm not a big car fanatic but I can appreciate good sports cars.

I dislike Lambos and most Ferraris... they're a bit "over the top" in similar fashion as men's diamond watches.

But for some reason Porsche 928 does it for me. It's a true classic.

1995_porsche_928_2_dr_gts_hatchback-pic-1798333173724563541.jpeg

And the old BMW 8-series too. Eunomians will agree. :)

a-1.jpg

Actually these aren't that expensive... I could buy one now but cars like this require time and enthusiasm. And right now I don't have either.

• 2 weeks later...

Five hundred million bucks? That's a lot of dough to play around with, but I know precisely what I'd go for...

A VW camper van :victory:

Yes, that's right, a VeeDub bus :) I'd then use some 'pocket change' ( :whistling: ) to seriously modify it ;) I'm talking totally new modern interior, GPS, X Box, sound system, microwave etc. but the fun wouldn't stop there, oh no, I'd then transplant a more powerful engine, something like in a Ford Galaxy, into the rear, and install some 'hood scoops' vertically on the rear side panals (with relevant interior modifications) to act as air intakes to prevent the air-cooled engine from overheating ;) Might have to install a NoS system as well, just to help with overtaking maneuvres :whistling: I'd top it all off with a custom paint job, and a set of Chip Foose wheels :victory: I think that would get me anywhere I'd need to go in a comfortable manner :drinks:

[Edit to add]

Something a bit like this (but better :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

vw-camper-vanmod.jpg

• 7 months later...

mulsanne1234.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

front might need a little getting used to.... but i like it :)

Those side lights look like they were spawned from some genetic mutation between a Bentley and an S Class Mercedes... Wrong wrong wrong wrong :)

I travel a LOT on the highway on a weekly basis about 400km each way to my different job sites. A Ferrari would be nice but useless if i had to haul some boxes or tools...

There isnt lots of snow in the citys, BUT there is a lot of snow on the high mountain highways in Western Canada here so i would need something that can handle that.. So the Ferrari 599 is crossed off the list... haha.. But an Audi RS4 would be perfect..

I like fast cars muscle cars withgood leather interior. A 300c SRT8 is a nice version of that.

Sometimes for work i have to pick up orders from the wholesaler.. those can be many heavey boxes so any small car just wont do. I could get a nice new F350 or something but that would suck ass on the highway at speed.

I think i would pick.... A good performance sport utility.. powerfull.. sporty on the highway, can carry lots of stuff when needed and will get me through the snow in the Canadian winters.. My second choice would have been the new S550 Mercedes 4Matic

****Porsche Cayanne Turbo

perfect!

Lets see what you guys would buy if you could only drive one and were stuck with it.

Or you should get a Ferrari stationcar

ferrari_456_stationcar3.jpg

Or a Porsche 928S pickup

silver-porsche-928-pickup.jpg

or a Corvette pickup

image.2.jpg