When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paris attack

kernow

Thank you my friend, what happens in France ? more than 150 deaths, i can't believe that; we won't be quiet in France now :(

The Islamic state is a terrible threat for the world.

I am watching the french TV, i's a real nightmare !

Edited by themannier

My condolences for the Paris people. Terrible. We are all shocked,

Edited by gasebah

This is indeed a terrible tragedy. All the more tragic because all of the victims are innocent people who were unfortunate to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Folks out for a nice Friday evening, dining, listening to music and watching a Soccer match, only to have the evening end in a terrible, tragic manner.

My heartfelt prayers and condolences go out to all who were struck down in this senseless and shameful attack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guest ThePhilosopher

This is quite terrible, my wife and I have friends in Paris - luckily we've heard they are safe. My thoughts are with anyone affected by these heinous acts.

Thoughts go out to everyone effected.

Its about time all Governments diminish all IS cells with kill orders on each and every one of them, these shameless IS crews don't deserve justice.

I read in the news yesterday that one such air strike aimed to kill John, the guy who killed many innocent people was killed.  No idea on any collateral damage though.

I can't help but feel that this attack was a test, and the start of much more larger coordinated attacks throughout EU countries.

Edited by SSTEEL

Wishing strength to the French in dealing with the worlds affliction of radical Islamic murderers. May God heal the hearts of the families whose loved ones perished on this tragic day in the city of light. Paris is one of my favorite destinations. So my prayers are with our French compatriots.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to those in Paris, and all of France, after this cowardly ambush and slaughter of innocent civilians.  It's time for ISIS, and all forms of Radical Islam, to be eliminated/exterminated.  

• Like 1

My heart goes out to the people of France such a cowardly and senseless attack against civilians.

I will venture however those saying that it is time to take the fight up to the terrorist need to remember that the 'War on Terror' started in 2001, Bin Laden is gone and also a host of top al qaeda leaders but not the organisation, the same was true for many years with the IRA.

Yes you can take the fight up to the ISIS and yes we probably should but they will end up as an underground terrorist network, ask Israel how hard it is to take these groups down.

I fear people are really suggesting a war on Islam and I wonder if our children or their children will one day be studying about the start of WW111....or worse.

Ken

"I fear people are really suggesting a war on Islam and I wonder if our children or their children will one day be studying about the start of WW111....or worse."  unfortunately yes Ken there is little other recourse being left to western civilization. Me thinks they made a grave strategic error poking the Russian bear and then hitting the French hard in short order, old feuds fade fast in the face of a common enemy.

I'm sorry Mike but you say it's inevitable that we go to war with Islam.

Just a couple of facts...

There is 1.6 Billion Muslims in the world, Pakistan is a Muslim country that had Nuclear weaponry plus there is always the chance of others China/Nth Korea picking the wrong side.

Of these Muslim numbers the entire ISIS, Boko Haram and Al-Qaeda make only 0.003% of the Muslim population and only 2% of all terrorist attacks can be shown to be in the name of Islam.

Are the above figures really enough to risk nuclear war and possible end of the human race?

Even if we could get through such a war I am sure the world would not be the kind of place I would want my children or Grandchildren to grow up in.

Is there another way?

There has to be, it took over 30 years to stop the bloodshed in Ireland maybe it's time to learn from history.

Ken

• Like 2

These terrorist cells and their interpretation of Islam, are giving the religion a bad name.

I am certain that Islam as a religion does not advocate such extreme and senseless violence. But given the spree of violence committed in the name of Allah over the past years, the negative association is inevitable, and the lines of rational analysis would blur in the average man. Nothing would be able to abrogate the damage suffered by innocent civilians, or the emotional pain of those left behind. The hatred and fear would naturally be channeled somewhere, and unjust as it is, the religion would bear some of the brunt of the negative emotions..

Islam itself is a good religion. Like all other religions today, it is the believers who interpret its teachings, and act upon their beliefs. It is fair to say that terrorism is a result of radicalization of Islam believers, but not a teaching of the religion itself. 

The radical beliefs are by now so deeply embedded in the terrorists that re-education would be close to impossible. It is only by firm and decisive responses of the world, that these misguided people learn that senseless slaughter is wrong, that pain begets pain, and vengeance is a never ending cycle. We must never bow to such cowardly acts of violence, but stand in solidarity against them. The killings and destruction would continue to be exchanged, and ultimately, the various terrorist cells would cave in under sheer fire power of the military alliances, and escape underground. The roots are not eliminated, and the peace would be as temporary as the shedding of tree leaves during winter..

We can only continue to be strong, and to stand for what we believe in. Wars and battles are fought everyday, not necessarily with guns and missiles, but often internally within ourselves, as we struggle to make the right decisions, and to better ourselves to be a better person for those around us. Yes, despite all the precautions and conviction, our lives can still be taken from us in an instance. But let us not live in fear, but continue to hold on to our beliefs, conviction and most of all, our love for others.

My body can be broken, my life can be taken, but my spirit and what I believe in, would never die.  

Talking of Islam, this video educates everyone on the history of Islam, and tells us the truth whereas the media does now, and only brainwashes us.

Why We Are Afraid, A 1400 Year Secret, by Dr Bill Warner

And this is a video everyone in EU should see to the end..

Still Report #453 - Islamic Immigrant Invasion of 2015

My heart goes out to the people of France such a cowardly and senseless attack against civilians.

I will venture however those saying that it is time to take the fight up to the terrorist need to remember that the 'War on Terror' started in 2001, Bin Laden is gone and also a host of top al qaeda leaders but not the organisation, the same was true for many years with the IRA.

Yes you can take the fight up to the ISIS and yes we probably should but they will end up as an underground terrorist network, ask Israel how hard it is to take these groups down.

I fear people are really suggesting a war on Islam and I wonder if our children or their children will one day be studying about the start of WW111....or worse.

Ken

I think world war 3 started a decade ago. It's just different than the way our grandparents lived it. 

Look lets be clear here, does anyone really think ISIS can be wiped out by military force?

I mean when has this ever worked?

Vietnam? Korea? Ireland? Iraq? Afghanistan?

I support bombings and even troop actions against ISIS but I am not blind enough to think anyone is going to wipe them out any time soon.

And I most certainly do not support a war against Islam simply because it is the religion shared by the few that do perpetuate these atrocities.

Ken

Can you even call this a war? A war should consist of two sides fighting to achieve their goals, and generally they are military battles with civilian deaths being considered collateral damage. I really don't think ISIS has a goal, their agenda is simply based on hate. Is there any concession that we could make to stop them? So we are already fighting a losing battle because since ISIS has no goal, they have no reason to stop either. ISIS really doesn't seem interested in fighting fairly on a battlefield either. The are content to wreak havoc on unarmed civilians. How do we fight that? I can tell you that these random bombings will have little to no effect. Forget negotiations. Maybe its time to do something a little more drastic?

• Like 1